JUST DESSERTS REVIEWED
“Just Desserts” is one of my favorite documentaries of the last few years. While the crowd funded aspect made me wary of the movie initially, the end result was a tightly edited look at one of the best horror anthologies put to film. From Stephen King’s acting ability to Leslie Nielsen’s fart machine, every aspect of the film and its casting is discussed. Watching Tom Savini break down his make-up FX and seeing behind the scenes footage was stunning. Everything about the movie left me smiling.
Then, there’s the sheer volume of special features included in the release. It’s weird when a documentary about a film has more special features than the film’s Blu-ray. Hopefully, Synapse continues to help distribute releases like this. While I appreciate their efforts digging up deep cut horror materials, we do need an outlet that celebrates horror’s biggest highlights. Good work all around.
- Audio Commentary with Director & Editor Michael Felsher
- Audio Commentary featuring interviews with Actor John Amplas, Property Master Bruce Alan Miller, and Make-Up Effects Assistant Darryl Ferrucci
- Creepshow Days An interview with Director of Photography, Director Michael Gornick
- Extended Interview Segments with George A. Romero, Tom Savini, and Bernie Wrightson
- Behind The Screams A compilation of on-set video footage from Tom Savini
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds with Sean Clark
- Scream Greats Volume One: Tom Savini, Master of Horror Effects with Optional Audio Commentary with Tom Savini
- Vintage 1982 Evening Magazine Segment shot on the set of the film, featuring rare cast & crew interviews
- Behind-The-Scenes of CREEPSHOW Photo Gallery
- 1.78:1 1080p transfer
- DTS-HD 2.0 master audio track
RELEASE DATE: OUT NOW!
The Plot Thus Far
In 1982, Author Stephen King, and Director George A. Romero collaborated on a feature-film tribute to the controversial EC comics of the 1950s. Told through five jolting tales of terror, CREEPSHOW has become a celebrated horror classic over the past three decades. With an all-star cast, and featuring groundbreaking special effects by genre legend Tom Savini, CREEPSHOW stands as a horrific and hilarious tribute to the stories that helped influence (and corrupt) a generation of writers and filmmakers. Now the tales behind the creation of this chilling masterpiece can finally be told!
Featuring rare behind-the-scenes footage and photographs, JUST DESSERTS: THE MAKING OF “CREEPSHOW” also contains over a dozen interviews, including George A. Romero, Tom Savini, Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins and many others.