THE WONDER YEARS REVIEWED
“The Wonder Years” entered its final season with the strength of the previous five. Kevin Arnold was starting to age out of what we could follow. Plus, the other family members were drifting away. While they could’ve resolved to end Kevin and Winnie’s relationship on a high note, I prefer the path taken. It’s far more realistic and feels apt for a showing about growing up. Still, as I grow older…the more that finale becomes a kick in the teeth.
There’s an ability to be right about a time in your life and there’s an ability to nail down the power of loss. Never has there been an American TV show to nail down that sentiment in its closing 10 minutes. As a writer, it’s the kind of masterstroke that I’d burn 10 strangers alive to obtain. If you were too young when it first aired or you’re a teenager discovering it now, make the time watch this series. Plus, Danica McKellar is still insanely hot. It’s unfair to reality how hot Winnie Cooper remained throughout this entire series.
- One-Hour ABC broadcast of the Season Finale
- Featurette: At Last: The Final Episode
- Interview with: Bob Brush, Executive Producer
- From the Vault: Alley Mills and Bob Brush Letters
- Plus, SEASON 6 includes over two dozen songs as they were featured in the original broadcasts, with classics by The Association, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, The Beach Boys, Canned Heat, The Champs, Eddie Cochran, Joe Cocker, Nat King Cole, The Everly Brothers, Marvin Gaye, Lesley Gore, Grateful Dead, Ben E. King, The Miracles, The O’Jays, Helen Reddy, Johnny Rivers, The Rolling Stones, Sam & Dave, Frank Sinatra, Stealers Wheel, Steely Dan, Hank Williams, Tammy Wynette and many more.
- 1.33:1 standard definition transfer
- Dolby 2.0
RELEASE DATE: 9/27/16
The Plot Thus Far
Kevin Arnold recalls growing up during the late 60s and early 70s; the turbulent social times make the transition from child to adult unusually interesting.
Troy Anderson is the Owner/Editor-in-Chief of AndersonVision. He uses a crack team of unknown heroes to bring you the latest and greatest in Entertainment News.