Grab your friends and family and warm up those vocal chords! Its time to transform your next get-together into a memory-making musical affair with Lips: Number One Hits. Combined with the original Lips game, Lips: Number One Hits sets the stage for the ultimate singing party with a new collection of global chart-topping songs to satisfy even the choosiest of performers. So regardless if your preferred stage is an amphitheatre, or just your living room, everyone will love the latest from Xbox 360s exclusive singing franchise.
Hitting store shelves in October 2009, Lips: Number One Hits features popular tracks spanning diverse genres and generations that have graced the No. 1 position on major global charts. These top tunes include:
· Viva La Vida by Coldplay: the bands first #1 U.S. and trans- Atlantic single
· Disturbia by Rihanna: the artists longest lasting hit on the U.S. Hot 100 chart
· U Cant Touch This, by MC Hammer: the artist is set to make a comeback by starring in his own reality show this summer
· More Than Words, by Extreme: this tender acoustic ballad ironically was the metal bands most successful single
· Apologize by Timbaland featuring OneRepublic: the most legally downloaded song in the U.S.
· Karma Chameleon by Culture Club: the group’s biggest hit and only U.S. #1 back in 1984
· I Heard It Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye: a landmark song in pop music, its on Rolling Stones list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Times
· Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison: this song was inspired by Orbisons wife as she walked down the street to the store and Orbison finished writing the song by the time she returned
· Ready, Set, Go! by Tokio Hotel: this is the German bands English version of Übers Ende der Welt which was a also a number one hit
· And many more yet to be announced!
Combined with the power of the motion-sensitive LED wireless microphones, which are compatible with the top third-party music games releasing this fall, Lips: Number One Hits should let even the shiest closet singers grab a mic and strut their stuff with friends and family.
Lips: Number One Hits and the original Lips game combine to create the ultimate singing party, with more songs to keep the fun rocking all night long. But for singers with an insatiable appetite for variety, both the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the in-game Get Music Store feature a vast library of tunes that can be downloaded for both titles. New tracks of all genres and artist-specific songs packs are added regularly each week, so personal catalogs can keep growing and growing. Lips, combined with the power of Xbox LIVE, makes Xbox 360 the best destination for music game fans.
Lips, Xbox 360s first exclusive singing party game from iNiS, launched November 2008. The second title, Lips: Number One Hits, launches this October 2009. More information on Lips is available at http://lips.xbox.com.