- 1 FandangoNOW Unveils Rotten Tomatoes’ “200 Essential Movies to Watch Now”
- 2 AT&T HELLO LAB’S ‘GUILTY PARTY’ BRINGS TOGETHER ALL-STAR DIGITAL CREATOR CAST
- 3 SAME KIND OF DIFFERENT AS ME – Check Out New Featurette Starring Renée Zellweger, Greg Kinnear, and Djimon Hounsou!
FandangoNOW Unveils Rotten Tomatoes’ “200 Essential Movies to Watch Now”
FandangoNOW, Fandango’s fast-growing on-demand video service, is unveiling today a challenge to film buffs to bring attention to classics and relevant new films fans can watch right now on any device. The list challenge, titled “Rotten Tomatoes’ 200 Essential Movies to Watch Now,” is available here and a special mash-up video devoted to the list challenge can be found here.
The 200 films, hand-picked by Rotten Tomatoes editors from “Certified Fresh” titles (scoring 75% on the Tomatometer and above), range from Fritz Lang’s “Metropolis” (1927) to Jordan Peele’s “Get Out” (2017). Disney’s “The Lion King,” a film which is returning to the home entertainment window today, also makes the list.
FandangoNOW offers more than 50,000 new release and catalog movies, next-day TV shows to buy or rent, and regularly provides Rotten Tomatoes’ Tomatometer scores to help consumers with their viewing decisions. As part of a special promotion on FandangoNOW, fans can get 20% off on any rental or purchase of every available film on this list.
“We are obsessed with movies so a lot of love went into creating this list,” said Rotten Tomatoes Editor Alex Vo. “It was important to us to find best-in-category films covering a wide range of genres, diversity in casts and subject matter, including coming of age stories. Above all, we wanted this list to present a fun challenge where people can share the Rotten Tomatoes ‘200 Essentials’ list with others, check off which classics they’ve seen, and discover great new movies with friends and family.”
The top 25 movies on Rotten Tomatoes’ 200 Essential Films to Watch Now list are below:
- The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- Citizen Kane (1941)
- The Third Man (1949)
- Get Out (2017)
- Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
- All About Eve (1950)
- Inside Out (2015)
- The Godfather (1972)
- Metropolis (1927)
- E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- It Happened One Night (1934)
- Singin’ in the Rain (1952)
- Casablanca (1942)
- Moonlight (2016)
- A Hard Day’s Night (1964)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
- North by Northwest (1959)
- The Maltese Falcon (1941)
- King Kong (1933)
- Sunset Boulevard (1950)
- The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
- Psycho (1960)
- Selma (2014)
- Rear Window (1954)
- Taxi Driver (1976)
FandangoNOW is the fast-growing on-demand video service from Fandango, the nation’s leading digital network for all things movies, serving more than 60 million visitors per month, according to comScore, with best-in-class movie information, theatrical ticketing, movie trailers, original content and home entertainment. FandangoNOW offers more than 50,000 new release and catalog movies, next-day TV shows, and an extensive library of 4K and HDR titles, to buy or rent — no subscription required. The service curates entertainment options for every occasion and provides Rotten Tomatoes’ Tomatometer scores to help consumers with their viewing decisions. FandangoNOW is now available on more than 200 million devices, including Smart TVs from Samsung, LG and VIZIO; over-the-top (OTT) streaming players including Roku and Chromecast; Xbox One video game system; iOS and Android mobile phones and tablets; and online at FandangoNOW.com, consumers can watch movies and TV shows on FandangoNOW anytime, anywhere, whether at home or on the go
AT&T HELLO LAB’S ‘GUILTY PARTY’ BRINGS TOGETHER ALL-STAR DIGITAL CREATOR CAST
When the victim of high school bullying appears to start taking revenge on the clique that casts her out, a group of teens must face the sins of their past before their secrets tear them apart. In AT&T* Hello Lab’s “Guilty Party”, the audience plays the role of detective to discover who is exposing everyone’s secrets.
Told through a mixture of weekly episodes and daily character vlogs, “Guilty Party” debuts Aug. 29 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other “Guilty Party” social handles. The series will air on DIRECTV NOW later this year.
“Guilty Party” is part of AT&T Hello Lab, a collection of original entertainment created by, for and with Millennial and Gen Z audiences on social media, in conjunction with Fullscreen. The cast of “Guilty Party” has a social media footprint of more than 38 million.
Main characters include:
- Emma (Tiffany Alvord) – A golden girl whose life is upended when she becomes a viral meme after she is filmed freaking out when her diary is stolen and published. She is determined to find out who did it and why.
- Tatiana (Teala Dunn) – A type-A overachiever who loves being part of the school’s “power couple,” she always been a little angry at Emma for whom everything seemed so effortless.
- Jake (Kian Lawley) – A ladies’ man who was dating Emma when the diary was revealed, he never quite understood their relationship and now that she’s disappeared, he may never. He’s moving on but his new relationship isn’t smooth sailing either.
- Alex (Miles McKenna) – Alex was never the center of the group but always the glue and keeper of secrets.
- Charlie (Jessie Paege) – A rebel from the wrong side of the tracks who grew up with Tatiana and Emma and their group, Charlie does not define herself as part of it. Although she shuns the hypocrisy of high school antics, she sometimes yearns to be part of it.
- Preston (Manolo Vergara) – The King to Tatiana’s Queen. Destined for great things, he also has something to hide that could shatter his dreams.
- Tess (Alexis G. Zall) – Providing a narrative voice to keep the story moving, her video blog is seen by the student body as an all-knowing guide to the lives of the in-crowd.
Rounding out the ensemble are Leonora Pitts as Charlie’s mom; Anzu Lawson as Principal Lee; Kenny Knox as the always opinionated JR; and Vale Genta as Olivia.
”AT&T is passionate about connecting digital creators with their fans, pushing boundaries and challenging our audience to take positive action and consider different viewpoints,” said Karyn Spencer, vice president- Creator Lab, AT&T. “We hope that “Guilty Party” entertains, but also prompts viewers to develop positive solutions when they find themselves in similar situations in their lives.”
The audience will obtain clues on “Guilty Party” social channels to help them solve the mystery of who is sharing the secrets. Characters will also be commenting and interacting directly with fans in the comments section of each episode and select vlogs on YouTube. Additionally, super fans will have the opportunity to submit conspiracy theories and fan art, the best of which will be hosted on Tess’s blog.
“Guilty Party’ takes the YA genre one step further by making the narrative interactive. We saw firsthand the power of fandom throughout the first year of AT&T Hello Lab, and we wanted to leverage that fan passion to tell a more dynamic story with Guilty Party, said Maude Standish, vice president of programming strategy, Fullscreen Media. “We’re excited to see how fans respond to their favorite creators doing something so different from their daily content.”
With cyber-bullying playing a big role in the series, the cast of “Guilty Party” will be involved with AT&T and Fullscreen’s Later Haters campaign, which promotes positivity and kindness online. It inspires teens to be more aware of their online actions and drown out haters with more positivity. Throughout the series, some of the “Guilty Party” cast members will be encouraging their fans to take time to reflect, recharge, and radiate more online love and positivity.
Learn more at @ATTHelloLab.
SAME KIND OF DIFFERENT AS ME – Check Out New Featurette Starring Renée Zellweger, Greg Kinnear, and Djimon Hounsou!
“The only thing that will ultimately change a person is to love them and to not give up on them” – Ron Hall, co-author of “Same Kind of Different As Me”
From Pure Flix and Paramount Pictures comes THE SAME KIND OF DIFFERENT AS ME, starring Academy Award winners Renée Zellweger (Bridget Jones’s Diary) and Jon Voight (Ray Donovan), and Academy Award nominees Greg Kinnear (Little Miss Sunshine) and Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond).
Be sure to check out the brand new featurette with the cast and author discussing the film and the impact they hope to have on audiences.