- 1 The Last Jedi celebrated Mark Hamill getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this week!
- 2 FIFTY SHADES FREED // Witness the Unrated Climactic Finish on Digital April 28 and on Blu-ray May 8
- 3 Oscar Nominated Best Motion Picture THE POST Available on Digital 4/3 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD 4/17
- 4 Own the Action-Packed Unrated Thriller Den of Thieves Available on Digital HD 4/10, Blu-ray and DVD 4/24
- 5 Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle debuts a new Gag Reel
- 6 Dear White People Season One arrives on DVD and Digital May 8
- 7 Mondo Macabro’s May Release of The Devil Incarnate
- 8 Troma Entertainment’s May 2018 Releases of GUTBOY: A BAD BEDTIME STORY and SICK SOCK MONSTERS FROM OUTER SPACE
- 9 Aloha, Bobby and Rose (1975) by Floyd Mutrux coming to Blu-ray
- 10 Never Before Available on Digital Platforms, THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: THE LOST EPISODES, Premieres on iTunes and Amazon on 3/9
The Last Jedi celebrated Mark Hamill getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this week!
The legendary Mark Hamill received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The ceremony celebrated his storied career, his impact on the Star Wars franchise, and the in-home release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, coming to Digital March 13 and Blu-ray March 27.
FIFTY SHADES FREED // Witness the Unrated Climactic Finish on Digital April 28 and on Blu-ray May 8
The global film sensation sparked by EL James’ best-selling book trilogy returns with the seminal final chapter of the darkly alluring tale that captivated the world. Stay in, complete your collection and experience the climax of this worldwide phenomenon with the ultimate at-home movie night when Fifty Shades Freed arrives on Digital and the all-new digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on April 24, 2018 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on May 8, 2018 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
Believing they have left behind shadowy figures from their past, newlyweds Christian (Jamie Dornan, “The Fall,” Anthropoid) and Ana (Dakota Johnson, How to Be Single, Black Mass) fully embrace an inextricable connection and shared life of luxury. But just as she steps into her role as Mrs. Grey and he relaxes into an unfamiliar stability, new threats could jeopardize their happy ending before it even begins. Directed by James Foley (“House of Cards,” At Close Range), Fifty Shades Freed also features returning cast members Eric Johnson (“The Knick,” “Smallville”), Rita Ora (Fifty Shades Franchise) as well as Oscar® winner Marcia Gay Harden (Fifty Shades of Grey, Miller’s Crossing).
In addition to both the original theatrical version and a steamy new unrated version, Fifty Shades Freed comes with more than 30 minutes of never-before-seen bonus content, including a deleted scene, cast interviews and behind-the-scenes features. You get more passion, more drama and more suspense when you own the final chapter on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™ & DIGITAL:
- An Intimate Conversation with EL James and Eric Johnson – A casual conversation between EL and Eric discussing the film, favorite moments, themes, etc.
- Music Videos
- “For You (Fifty Shades Freed)” – Liam Payne & Rita Ora
- “Capital Letters” – Hailee Steinfeld & BloodPop®
- “Heaven” – Julia Michaels
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Deleted Scene
- The Final Climax – Fans can follow not only Ana and Christian, but also both new and familiar characters behind-the-scenes throughout their journey of Fifty Shades Freed
- The Wedding: Take a closer look at the beautiful wedding scene with the production and costume designers – from the breathtaking venue, gorgeous gown and the custom-designed floral arrangements
- Honeymoon: Travel along with the newlyweds and soak up the sun in the gorgeous French Riviera. Discover the challenge production faced with accessing locations, and the search for the perfect honeymoon yacht
- Mr. & Mrs. Grey: After the wedding and the honeymoon, what is it really like to be married? Find out how life in the penthouse changes once Ana moves in
- Ana Takes Charge: Director James Foley and Costume Designer Shay Cunliffe explore Ana’s transformation and growth into a powerful businesswoman
- Ana & Mr. Hyde: Go behind the scenes and find out the secrets about what makes Jake Hyde tick
- Aspen in Whistler: Take a look at how the filmmakers and set decorator used Whistler, Vancouver as a stand-in for snowy Aspen, and discover the famous musician whose home was transformed into Christian’s mansion
- Ana’s Revelation: Ana and Christian face their biggest challenge yet. Author EL James takes us through the choice that Ana must make and how the couple’s power dynamic shifts
- Resolution: The final showdown between Ana and Jack brings the two face-to-face and Ana will do whatever it takes to protect Christian, his family, and her future
- The Meaning of Freed: The cast and filmmakers share what being FREED really means for both Ana and Christian
- Christian & Ana By Jamie & Dakota – Revisit the previous films and learn how both Ana and Christian have changed… and how both actors have lived through the experience
The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™ and Digital. The 4K Ultra HD disc will include the same bonus features as the Blu-ray™ version, all in stunning 4K resolution.
Oscar Nominated Best Motion Picture THE POST Available on Digital 4/3 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD 4/17
OSCAR ® winners Steven Spielberg, Meryl Streep, and Tom Hanks team up for the first time in this thrilling film based on a true story. Determined to uphold the nation’s civil liberties, Katharine Graham (Streep), publisher of The Washinton Post, and hard-nosed editor Ben Bradlee (Hanks) join forces to expose a decades-long cover-up. But the two must risk their careers –– and their freedom –– to bring truth to light in this powerful film with a celebrated cast.
THE POST is “extraordinary…must-see” film according to Peter Travers of Rolling Stone and the home entertainment release features 90 minutes of bonus content, depicting the real life events behind the groundbreaking untold story and the journey to bring it to the big screen.
Add THE POST to your digital collection on Movies Anywhere™ beginning April 3 and enjoy the ultimate home viewing experience on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD on April 17.
THE POST Special Features:
Take in these fascinating documentaries about this riveting, important film and the incredible real-life story it’s based on, featuring director Steven Spielberg, stars Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, reporters and others. Included are insightful interviews, documents from the Pentagon Papers era, and exclusive behind-the-scenes footage.
- Layout: Katharine Graham, Ben Bradlee & The Washington Post––**Blu-rayTM only
- Get to know the brave real-life characters at the heart of this story, Kay Graham and Ben Bradlee, who risked everything to tell the truth.
- Editorial: The Cast and Characters of The Post––**Blu-rayTM only
- Learn how, once Steven Spielberg, Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks agreed to make this important film, other world-class actors also signed on!
- The Style Section: Re-Creating an Era
- Visit the 1970s and the Washington Post newsroom in this engaging exploration of how the style of The Pentagon Papers era was created.
- Stop the Presses: Filming The Post
- You’re invited onto the set with Steven Spielberg, his collaborators and his cast as they meticulously craft each cinematic moment.
- Arts and Entertainment: Music for The Post
- Steven Spielberg and composer John Williams celebrate their 44-year partnership in this moving tribute to collaboration and friendship.
4K Ultra HD™ & Blu-ray™ Disc Specs
Street Date: April 17, 2018
Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.40:1)
Audio: English DTS-HD-MA 7.1, English Dolby Digital 5.1͕ Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
Total Run Time: Approx. 116 minutes
U.S. Rating: PG-13
Own the Action-Packed Unrated Thriller Den of Thieves Available on Digital HD 4/10, Blu-ray and DVD 4/24
The inevitable clash between an unbeatable crew addicted to heists and an elite unit of Los Angeles detectives comes to a head in Den of Thieves, arriving on Digital on April 10, 2018 and on Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on April 24, 2018 from STXfilms and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Directed by Christian Gudegast (London Has Fallen), the film blurs the lines between good and evil by examining the rivalry between a police unit, led by Gerard Butler (London Has Fallen), and a crew of career criminals featuring Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson (Get Rich or Die Trying), Pablo Schreiber (13 Hours), O’Shea Jackson Jr. (Straight Outta Compton) and Evan Jones (A Million Ways to Die in the West).
Den of Thieves is a gritty Los Angeles crime saga which follows the intersecting and often personally connected lives of an elite unit of the LA County Sheriff’s Department and the state’s most successful bank robbery crew as they plan a seemingly impossible heist on the Federal Reserve Bank of Downtown Los Angeles. Filled with gripping, explosive action and an ending that left audiences stunned, Den of Thieves is an electrifying game of cat-and-mouse that critics call “a gritty, realistic, engrossing LA heist movie” (Michael Rougeau, Gamespot).
In addition to both the action-packed theatrical version and the extended unrated version with footage not seen in theaters, Den of Thieves on Blu-ray™, DVD, and Digital also features never-before seen bonus content including an alternate ending, outtakes and deleted scenes, and insightful commentary from the filmmakers.
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle debuts a new Gag Reel
Dear White People Season One arrives on DVD and Digital May 8
Based on Justin Simien’s critically acclaimed film of the same name, the refreshing and thought-provoking satire Dear White People Season One arrives on DVD and Digital May 8 from Lionsgate. Set among a diverse group of students of color as they navigate a predominantly white Ivy League college, Dear White People Season One “gives you an abundance of characters to care about and entertains with its inspired, hilarious storytelling” (Entertainment Weekly). The show stars Logan Browning (TV’s “Meet the Browns,” “Hit the Floor”), Brandon P. Bell (TV’s “Insecure”), DeRon Horton (TV’s “Lethal Weapon”), Antoinette Robertson (TV’s “Heart of Dixie,” “Atlanta”), John Patrick Amedori (TV’s “Gossip Girl,” “Hindsight”), Ashley Blaine Featherson (TV’s “Glee”), and guest stars Marque Richardson (TV’s “True Blood,” “The Newsroom”), with Featherson, Richardson, and Pell reprising their original roles from the film in this timely comedy. The series is produced by Lionsgate for Netflix, and received a very rare and coveted 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Set against the backdrop of a predominantly white Ivy League university, where racial tensions bubble just below the surface, Dear White People Season One is a send-up of the now post-postracial America that tells the universal story of finding one’s own identity and forging a wholly unique path. The satirical series – which picks up where the acclaimed 2014 film by the same name left off – follows a group of Winchester University students of color as they navigate a diverse landscape of social injustice, cultural bias, political correctness (or lack thereof), and activism in the millennial age. Through its absurdist lens, Dear White People Season One leads with laughter as it utilizes biting irony, self-deprecation, and sometimes brutal honesty to hold a mirror up to the issues plaguing society today.
The series is created and executive produced by Simien (Dear White People), who also directed the first episode. Yvette Lee Bowser (TV’s “Black-ish,” “Living Single”) serves as showrunner and executive producer, with Stephanie Allain Bray (Hustle & Flow, Dear White People) and Julia Lebedev (The Dinner, Dear White People) also serving as executive producers.
The Dear White People Season One DVD and Digital special features include two never-before-seen featurettes, “Dear White People: Art as Activism” and “Filming Chapter V,” and two audio commentaries on episodes “Chapter I” and “Chapter X” with Justin Simien. “Dear White People: Art as Activism” explores the show’s multidimensional characters from the cast, showrunner, creator, and costume designer’s perspective. “Filming Chapter V” centers on the Barry Jenkins (Moonlight) directed episode, “Chapter V,” and why it’s a powerful episode meant to be discussed. The Dear White People Season One DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $29.98.
DVD / DIGITAL SPECIAL FEATURES
- “Dear White People: Art As Activism” Featurette
- “Filming Chapter V” Featurette
- Audio Commentaries for Chapters I and X with Creator Justin Simien
Mondo Macabro’s May Release of The Devil Incarnate
Troma Entertainment’s May 2018 Releases of GUTBOY: A BAD BEDTIME STORY and SICK SOCK MONSTERS FROM OUTER SPACE
Aloha, Bobby and Rose (1975) by Floyd Mutrux coming to Blu-ray
Never Before Available on Digital Platforms, THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: THE LOST EPISODES, Premieres on iTunes and Amazon on 3/9