Sukiyaki Western Django is a film that I first reviewed back in my CHUD days. 13 years later, it’s getting a special edition release from our good friends over at MVD and First Look. The result is the two cuts of the movie and a ton of special features in standard definition. Not exactly the most enticing thing in the world.
Takashi Miike tends to impress me, but then there are those 00s movies where you can tell he had more of an idea than a film. Quentin Tarantino pops in for a cameo that doesn’t do much. Still, you can see the bones of a great western tale that never got a chance to blow up.
The Blu-ray comes with the following special features.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the main feature in 2.35:1 aspect ratio
- Audio: English 5.1 Surround, 2.0 Stereo
- English and Spanish Subtitles
- Sukiyaki Western Django : Extended Cut (HD, 159:57, with Optional Japanese Subtitles)
- Making of Featurette (SD, 52:37, In Japanese with English Subtitles
- Deleted Scenes (SD, 06:37)
- Sizzle Reel (SD, 03:12)
- Promotional Clips (SD, 02:58)
- US and Japanese Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots (SD)