‘BURBS, THE: COLLECTOR’S EDITION
THE ‘BURBS: COLLECTOR’S EDITION REVIEWED
“The ‘Burbs” or the Burbs was always on TV when I was young. It lasted all of two or three weeks at our local theater. That summer, it was either Batman or Last Crusade. Nothing else could hang with those two powerhouses. I’m still a fan of the movie and I went out of my way to import the Arrow UK Blu-ray as soon as it was available. Comparing that disc to this one, I have to give Shout the slight advantage on the transfer. The big sticking point is how the special features are virtually identical. Ultimately, that’s the split here.
If you’re in the UK, you’re good with the Arrow release. Everyone else will want to give the Shout release a chance. If it’s needed, we’ll bring back screenshots for these multi-region releases as time permits. Would you guys like that?
- NEW 2017 2K Scan Of The Interpositive
- NEW Interviews With Director Joe Dante, Editor Marshall Harvey, And Director Of Photography (Additional Scenes) John Hora
- Audio Commentary With Writer Dana Olsen, Moderated By Author Calum Waddell
- There Goes The Neighborhood: The Making Of The ‘Burbs – Includes Interviews With Director Joe Dante, Actors Corey Feldman, Courtney Gaines, And Wendy Schaal, Director Of Photography Robert M. Stevens, And Production Designer James H. Spencer
- Alternate Ending
- Original Workprint From Joe Dante’s Archive (Includes Deleted And Extended Scenes)
- Behind-The-Scenes Still Gallery
- Stills And Posters Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- 1.85:1 1080p transfer
- DTS-HD 2.0 master audio track
RELEASE DATE: 3/20/18
- Video - 95%95%
- Audio - 94%94%
- Special Features - 94%94%
- Film Score - 93%93%
The Plot Thus Far
Tom Hanks stars in The ‘Burbs, a comedy about a suburbanite whose plans for a peaceful vacation at home are disturbed by a creepy new family on the block. Much to the disappointment of his wife (Carrie Fisher), Ray Peterson (Hanks) and his three neighbors set out to investigate the next-door residence after they begin to observe strange happenings. Set in an average neighborhood that is anything but ordinary, The ‘Burbs blends slapstick comedy and spine-thrilling mystery and is superbly directed by cult filmmaker Joe Dante (Piranha, Gremlins, Matinee, The Howling).
You must log in to post a comment.