In anticipation of upcoming home entertainment release of Marvel’s “The Avengers”, Marvel is unleashing an all-new alternate reality game (ARG) that ultimately grants the first 300 fans with special access to an exclusive, premiere screening of ITEM 47, a Marvel One-Shot , fan experience & Special Filmmaker/Talent Q&A at Comic-Con.
Beginning on July 6th, Comic-Con attendees can download the all-new App – “The Avengers Initiative: A Marvel Second Screen App” (at the iTunes store) – that will not only garner fans unprecedented access to exclusive content building up to the home entertainment release but also give them access to partake in the alternate reality game (ARG) at Comic-Con.
Beginning on Friday, July 13th, fans will be able to start solving special codes, that when unlocked, will guide them to their next clue. The App will also have a built in map of the Gas Lamp District in Downtown San Diego that will guide them to their location spots. There will be a total of 4 spots. Fans must complete the entire ARG experience in order to redeem access to the special screening.
App Overview: Second Screen transforms the movie watching experience by allowing viewers to explore the story behind the film perfectly synched on a second device, like an iPad™ or laptop, without interrupting their enjoyment of the movie. By accessing the Second Screen companion application on their Internet-connected device, consumers are able to dive deeper into the film by engaging with key elements of the movie.
This groundbreaking new application allows users to interact with their Blu-ray™ player by simply starting the Blu-ray movie, and then syncing Second Screen to the film automatically by following the easy on-screen instructions. Once connected, they can explore interactive galleries, play games, and learn interesting facts about the scenes they’re watching.
Features: Enter the S.H.I.E.L.D. database on your second screen device accessing personnel files, comic book origins andexclusive interactive content with The Avengers Initiative: A Marvel SecondScreen Experience. By downloading the app, you can:
- Become a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and participate in the Item 47 Comic-Con experience either remotely or in the field.
- Examine the confidential files of the Avengers including heroes,agents and villains.
- Sync to the movie and explore exclusive behind-the-scenes interactive content such as visual effects labs where you can explore sequences layer by layer.
- Seamlessly link the characters, stories, and scenes of the movieback to their comic book origins through the interactive Marvel digital reader.
- View the major events of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – Phase 1 on the definitive timeline of all 6 movies.
Devices: iPad or PC/MAC computer with FLASH
Formats: Optimized for Blu-ray™ and included in Combo Pack releases.
NEW – Now works with iTunes Extras
Select your version (either iPad™ or Web)
Sync to the movie or explore on your own
Currently only available in US and English-speaking Canada