Three time Oscar® winner Daniel Day-Lewis earns his sixth Academy Award® nomination as Reynolds Woodcock, the fastidious and controlling fashion designer whose glamorous and carefully tailored life is disrupted by love in Phantom Thread, arriving on Digital and the all-new digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on March 27, 2018 and on Blu-rayTM, DVD and On Demand on April 10, 2018 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Daniel Day-Lewis reunites with multi-Oscar® nominated director, writer and producer Paul Thomas Anderson in this spectacular film praised as a “pure delicious pleasure” (Guardian). The Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital versions include special bonus features to give viewers a more in-depth look into the behind the scenes of the film. Phantom Thread received six Academy Awards® nominations for Best Picture, Best Actor in a Leading Role, Best Director, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Best Original Score and Best Costume Design.
Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood, Lincoln) mesmerizes in his role as the obsessed but elegant couture designer and is joined by Academy Award® nominee Lesley Manville (Maleficent, Another Year) and Vicky Krieps (Hanna, The Colony) in this “ravishingly beautiful” (NY Times) film. Written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson (There Will Be Blood, Boogie Nights), Phantom Thread is set in the glamour of 1950’s post-war London. Renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock’s life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and comfort, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAYTM, DVD and digital:
- Camera Tests – With audio commentary by Paul Thomas Anderson
- For the Hungry Boy -A collection of deleted scenes. Music by Jonny Greenwood
- House of Woodcock Fashion Show – Fashion Show narrated by Adam Buxton
- Behind the Scenes Photographs – Photographs from the film by Michael Bauman with demo versions of Jonny Greenwood’s score
Phantom Thread will be available on Blu-ray™ combo pack which includes Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital.
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app thatsimplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.