Willard is the 2003 remake of the cult classic film.
What’s funny is that I’m now realizing this film is as obscure to young people as the original. Hell, I remember seeing this one in theaters and wondering how this lured acting superstar Crispin Glover into a mainstream film. After seeing Glover’s music video for Ben, I wonder why that kind of style didn’t make it into the feature.
Still, it’s pretty basic. Creepy guy is emasculated at work, so he enables an army of rats to do his bidding. The supporting cast is pretty standard, but I did love R. Lee Ermey’s turn as the angry boss. All the while, you spend your time waiting for rats to attack.
This film knows what it is, but honestly I wanted more of Glover acting weird as hell.
Willard special features
- NEW 2K Scan Of The Original Film Elements
- NEW Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Glen Morgan And Director Of Photography Robert McLachlan
- NEW Audio Commentary With Animal Trainers Mark Harden And David Allsberry Of Animals For Hollywood
- NEW The Road To Willard – An Interview With Writer/Director Glen Morgan
- NEW Destination Willard – An Interview With Director Of Photography Robert McLachlan
- NEW The Rat Trainer’s Notebook – Behind-The-Scenes Footage From Animals For Hollywood
- Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Glen Morgan, Producer James Wong, Actors Crispin Glover And R. Lee Ermey
- The Year Of The Rat – A Documentary On The Making Of Willard
- Rat People: Friends Or Foes? – A Real Rat Documentary
- Deleted/Alternate Scenes With Optional Commentary
- Music Video Ben By Crispin Hellion Glover With Optional Commentary
- Behind-The-Scenes Footage And Interviews From The Electronic Press Kit
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots