When Harry Met Sally is quite the ubiquitous film. After years of having people shove it down your throat, getting featured in retrospectives and people faking orgasms in crowded restaurants circa 1989-1992…things got weird. So, why do we keep returning the film in 2019? Well, because fun stories about relationships still hold up. The nature of human interaction has changed a bit, but the bones still remain.
Basically, no one likes each other immediately. Regardless if it’s man/woman, woman/woman, man/man, Sentient Toaster/Angry Vacuum Cleaner…relationships work on many levels and none are driven by immediacy. While the realm of knock around dialogue movies about relationships has become the domain of the indie film, this outing was pretty daring back in 1989. Plus, that Harry Connick Jr soundtrack didn’t hurt.
Is it dated? Sorta, but it doesn’t matter. The charm is still there, but moreso in the cleverly crafted script.
When Harry Met Sally special features
- NEW Transfer Restored From A 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative
- NEW Scenes From A Friendship – An Interview With Rob Reiner And Billy Crystal
- Audio Commentary With Rob Reiner, Nora Ephron, And Billy Crystal
- Audio Commentary With Rob Reiner
- How Harry Met Sally Documentary
- Vintage Featurettes
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer
- Music Video By Harry Connick Jr.