Disney’s Lady and the Tramp Wags Its Way into the Walt Disney Signature Collection on Digital Feb. 20 and Blu-ray Feb. 27
This February, Disney’s cherished animated classic, “Lady and the Tramp,” joins the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection. Every member of the family will treasure this timeless tale—loaded with three versions of the film, classic bonus material and three all-new features—when it heads home on Digital and on Movie AnywhereFeb. 20 and on Blu-ray on Feb. 27.
The Walt Disney Signature Collection edition offers three exciting ways to watch “Lady and the Tramp”—the original theatrical version, sing-along mode and Walt’s story meetings—both Digitally and via the Multi-screen Edition (formerly the Blu-ray Combo Pack). The Multi-screen Edition includes Blu-ray, DVD and a Digital copy, giving in-home consumers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices. In addition to classic bonus features, all-new extras invite viewers to enter Walt Disney’s original office suite on the Studio lot, discover Walt’s personal passion for pups, and receive a celebrity-hosted spaghetti and meatballs cooking lesson.
As one of the greatest love stories ever told, “Lady and the Tramp” is sure to melt the hearts of generations with its beloved characters, brilliant animation, memorable music and sweet sentiment. The animated treasure tells the story of Lady, a lovingly pampered cocker spaniel, and Tramp, a freewheeling mutt with a heart of gold. Through the Signature Collection edition, viewers can relive the pair’s thrilling adventures, sing along with the film’s unforgettable songs like “Bella Notte,” and swoon over one of the most memorable movie moments of all time—the iconic scene in which Lady and Tramp share a plate of spaghetti and an accidental kiss.
“Lady and the Tramp” is the sixth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi” and “The Lion King.”
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL*:
- Original Theatrical Edition – Enjoy this cherished Disney classic that captivates audiences of all ages.
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Inside Walt’s Story Meetings – As you view the film, hear reenactments of Walt’s story sessions with animators and see how their ideas were realized on-screen.
New Signature Bonus
- Walt & His Dogs – Through archival recordings and photos, hear the tales of the dogs Walt Disney owned and loved over his lifetime.
- Stories from Walt’s Office – Take a tour of Walt’s office suite on the Studio lot, carefully re-created to look just as it did when he occupied it.
- How to Make a Meatball and Other Fun Facts About “Lady and The Tramp” – Watch a delicious lesson on how to make perfect meatballs with teen chef Amber Kelley and Oh My Disney Show Host Alexys Gabrielle.
- “Peace on Earth”
- “What Is a Baby/La La Lu”
- “The Siamese Cat Song”
- “Bella Notte”
- “He’s a Tramp”
Classic Bonus Features
- Diane Disney Miller: Remembering Dad – Walt’s daughter shares memories of her father and Disneyland’s early days, as well as a look at his apartment above the firehouse.
- Never-Recorded Song – “I’m Free as the Breeze” – Take a listen to a song originally meant to be sung by Tramp.
- Introduction of Boris – Tramp wasn’t always meant to be Lady’s only suitor. Meet Boris the aristocrat and Homer the peasant in this deleted scene.
- Waiting for Baby – Lady watches as Jim Dear plans out his new son’s future in this early storyboard.
- Dog Show – See the storyboards for this deleted scene in which Lady and Tramp unexpectedly find themselves in the middle of a dog show.
Classic Bonus Features on Digital Only*
- Lady’s Pedigree: The Making of “Lady and the Tramp” – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Walt Disney’s first feature-length animated film based on an original story.
- Finding Lady: The Art of the Storyboard – Explore the origins of the storyboard and how they’re used by filmmakers today.
- Original 1943 Storyboard Version of the Film – View a unique presentation of the original 1943 storyboards for “Lady and the Tramp.”
- PuppyPedia: Going to the Dogs – Wild and wacky comedian Fred Willard takes us on an outing to the dog park to learn all about dogs and their owners.
- Turning the Tables – In this story-reel presentation, Tramp dreams of a world where dogs run the show and humans are on the other end of the leash.
- The Arrival of Baby – In this alternate scene re-created from original storyboards and with original voice talent, Lady makes way for a new arrival.
- Baby Arrives – Lady is baffled by the strange goings-on in the house—the arrival of a squealing bundle only deepens the mystery.
- Lady’s Sweater – Lady gets a new sweater for her birthday and must figure out an ingenious way to lose it for good.
- 1955 Original Theatrical Trailer – More than just a trailer, this preview features several minutes of footage from the film and introduces each major character.
- 1972 Theatrical Re-Issue Trailer – This trailer from the 1972 rerelease heralds Disney’s “happiest motion picture.”
- 1986 Theatrical Re-Issue Trailer – Released theatrically for the 1986 holiday season, this trailer highlights the love story between Lady and the handsome Tramp.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Product SKUs: Multi-screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy), Digital HD/SD, DVD
Feature Run Time: Approximately 76 minutes
Rating: G in U.S. and Canada
Aspect Ratio: 2.55:1
Audio: Blu-ray = English 7.1 & 2.0 DTS-HDMA, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD = English, Spanish, and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Language Track.
Digital = English, Spanish, and French 5.1 or 2.0 Dolby Digital Language Tracks (platform dependent)
Subtitles: Blu-ray = French, Spanish, English SDH, English ESL
DVD = French, Spanish, English SDH, English ESL, English Closed Captions
Digital = French, Spanish, English SDH, English Closed Captions
COUNTDOWN TO CROWDFUNDING FOR THE MARTIAL ARTS KID 2: PAYBACK!
On January 15th, 2018 we will be launching an IndieGoGo Campaign to raise extra funds for THE MARTIAL ARTS KID 2: PAYBACK. The sequel will be bigger, with a larger cast, more locations, greater action, and a lot more danger.
Once again we will be using the largest number of real martial arts Grand Masters, Masters and Champions as have ever appeared on screen before; breaking our own record. We need your help to make this sequel something we can all be proud of. Join the Dragons: Cynthia Rothrock (Aunt Cindy) and Don Wilson (Uncle Glen) as we create something special together. And don’t forget that we will have some terrific perks for everyone involved.
TheCOUNTDOWN starts now!
Photo caption: James Lew (stunt coordinator), Cynthia Rothrock (Aunt Cindy) and Don Wilson (Uncle Glen) will be returning to Cocoa Beach, Florida for the sequel.
Every Day gets an official poster!
Michelle Wolf Stars In First HBO Stand-Up Special “Michelle Wolf: Nice Lady” Available For Digital Download January 8th
Laugh out loud to observations on feminism, dating and other social issues when Michelle Wolf: Nice Lady is available for Digital Download January 8th.
Michelle Wolf, who’s best known as a writer and contributor to The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, performs an hour-long segment at Skirball Center in New York City, showcasing her unique style of comedy as she takes on wide ranges of topics such as the ubiquity of ‘brave’ and ‘beautiful’ sentiments in pop culture, driving men away with ‘nonsense’ texts and more!
Outperforming all HBO comedy specials with a Saturday night telecast premiere this year other than George Lopez: The Wall, Live From Washington D.C., Michelle Wolf: Nice Lady is executive produced by Wolf, John Irwin, Daniel Bodansky and James Dixon; directed by Neal Brennan.
WINCHESTER LANDS AN OFFICIAL TRAILER
CURVATURE In Theaters & On Demand Feb. 23rd
In Theaters & On Demand February 23rd
Starring Lyndsy Fonseca, Glenn Morshower, and Linda Hamilton
Directed by Diego Hallivis
Written by Brian DeLeeuw
A scientist must break into a top-secret facility in order to travel back in time and prevent a murder after receiving a mysterious phone call from herself.
KICKBOXER: RETALIATION lands a sweet trailer.
In Theaters & On Demand January 26th
Directed by Dimitri Logothetis
Alain Moussi, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Christopher Lambert, Mike Tyson, Sara Malakul Lane, Jessica Jann, Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, Steven Swadling, Sam Medina
One year after finding vengeance for his murdered brother, MMA champion Kurt Sloane finds himself back in Thailand kidnapped and imprisoned there by a powerful gangster (Christopher Lambert). His only shot at freedom is to win an underground death match against a 400lb killer enhanced with state – of the -art drugs (Game of Thrones’ Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson). To make it out alive, he seeks training unlike anything he’s ever endured, with the help of the legendary Master Durand (Jean-Claude Van Damme) and fellow prisoner Briggs (Mike Tyson).