The Boy, by taking this quiz to find out if you have what it takes to be Brahms’ next babysitter!
On June 11, 1986, writer/director John Hughes unleashed Ferris Bueller on the world…and we’ve been laughing ever since. The seminal comedy about a high school student’s wild adventures in the Windy City during a single, glorious day off continues to be enjoyed, quoted and revered 30 years after its theatrical debut. In 2014, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off was added to the Library of Congress’ National Film Registry, which serves as a compendium of films that have been judged to be culturally, aesthetically or historically important.
In celebration of the film’s 30th anniversary, numerous events will give fans the chance to relive all the humor, antics and magic of being young and carefree:
- Beginning May 19 and continuing throughout the summer, visitors will be able to take part in activities at Willis Tower’s Skydeck Chicago, which is featured in an iconic scene from the film. The fun will include photo opportunities on the 103rd floor observation deck where Ferris and his friends took in the breathtaking view in addition to photo ops with a modern-day Ferrari California T. Fans will be able to enjoy “Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago” themed sausages and hot dogs as well as take home Ferris merchandise from the gift shop. Visit theskydeck.com for more information.
- On May 15 and 18, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off will return to the big screen in more than 650 movie theaters nationwide for two screenings each day as Fathom Events, Turner Classic Movies and Groupon present the film. Adding even more fun to the 30th anniversary celebration, the event includes archival interviews with John Hughes and cast members about the movie, and TCM host Ben Mankiewicz will present all-new commentary both before and after the feature. For information and tickets, visit FathomEvents.com. As sponsor of Fathom Events’ screenings of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, GROUPON will be offering fans the chance to win their own Official Ferris Bueller’s Experience, including an epic Chicago adventure for two and daily ticket giveaways to the Fathom Events screenings. More details will be available at groupon.com/ferris starting on May 6.
- On May 17, fans can download the must-have classic to watch again and again when it launches with behind-the-scenes special features for the first time on iTunes.
- From May 20-22, “Ferris Fest” will take place in Chicago. The weekend-long event will include two special screenings of the film followed by a Q&A with cast members; an opening night 80s high school dance hosted by DJ Richard Blade; a re-creation of Ferris Bueller’s room; a re-staging of the film’s parade sequence; a tour of key filming locations around Chicago; and more. Visit FerrisFest.com for more information.
- On June 17, fans can catch a Chicago Cubs game just like Ferris and his friends. Up to 5,000 early arriving Budweiser Bleacher adults age 21 and older will receive “Save Ferris” t-shirts and enjoy clips from the film on Wrigley Field’s video board.
Opening in theaters and on VOD Friday, June 17, 2016
Starring Alison Brie (How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People), Justin Chatwin (Orphan Black, Shameless) and Colin Hanks (Life In Pieces, Fargo)
Written by Steve Adams (Waiting For Forever)
Directed by Nick Wernham (Business Ethics)
Produced by Paul Fler
Executive produced by Nick Wernham, Simon Wernham, Jeffrey Latimer, Julia West
The deal was negotiated by Ed Seaman from MVD and co-producers Mathew Miller and Brandon Woodard on behalf of Birdman Films.
Subterranea stars Bug Hall as “The Captive”, who was locked in a dark cell as a small child and was raised in complete isolation, never seeing daylight or even another human being. Over twenty years later, without warning, he is released into society with nothing but the clothes on his back. Determined to find out who he is, The Captive discovers that he’s the centerpiece of a dangerous orchestrated sociological experiment and sets off to find the truth about his shadowed existence, ultimately leading to a thrilling confrontation with his maker, “The Provider” (William Katt).
Following the release of IQ’s double album “Subterranea”, writer / director Mathew Miller was inspired. “As a huge fan of IQ, I was honored and thrilled to be collaborating with Peter Nicholls (IQ lyricist, writer and lead vocalist) and the band. My goal was to respect the original material and bring to life the already stimulating and poignant images the music has created in all of our minds and hearts as fans.”
“When I first read Mat’s script, I fell in love with the story and characters,” said Wilkinson. “In some ways, the film reminded me of The Man From Earth. It had that ‘intellectual sci-fi feel’ to it, and at the same time, really played well as a conventional thriller. Mathew is a super talented young director and I was committed to helping him realize his vision for the material. MVD is a great company that is exceptionally supportive of filmmakers and producers and I look forward to our film’s release later this year.”
Subterranea has been receiving accolades on the festival circuit including Grand Prize Winner: Vortex Sci-fi & Fantasy Award- 2015 Rhode Island International Film Festival, Winner – Jury Prize – Best Film – 2015 Reel East Film Festival, Official Selection – 2015 Reno Tahoe International Film Festival, Official Selection – 2015 Queen City Film Festival and Official Selection – 2015 Montana Film Festival. The film made its European premiere in London on May 1st, 2016.
Subterranea will debut on Digital, VOD, DVD and Blu-ray on September 13, 2016 from MVD Entertainment Group. Special Features included on the disc include two behind the scenes featurettes “The Making of Subterranea” and “On the Set of Subterranea – Timelapses, deleted scenes and the original theatrical trailer.”
What's Your Reaction?
Troy Anderson is the Owner/Editor-in-Chief of AndersonVision. He uses a crack team of unknown heroes to bring you the latest and greatest in Entertainment News.