As four friends indulge in a carefree Cambodian holiday, their sun-soaked retreat quickly takes a horrific turn when one of them disappears. Does one of the remaining friends hold the answer to the fate of their lost companion?
Screen veteran Kieran Darcy-Smith (Animal Kingdom) makes his feature directorial debut with this ambitious non-linear drama centering on a group of Australian friends whose lives are irreparably changed after one of them goes missing during a spontaneous vacation. Alice (Felicity Price) and Dave (Joel Edgerton) are about to become new parents when they agree to join Alice’s little sister, Steph (Teresa Palmer), and her new boyfriend, Jeremy (Antony Starr), on a sun-soaked trip to Cambodia. Their tropical retreat quickly turns mysterious, however, when Jeremy vanishes without a trace. As the investigation into Jeremy’s disappearance begins to reveal the nefarious motivations behind their trip, the remaining three struggle to carry on with their lives amidst the threat that even more damning details will emerge.
Visually stunning, WISH YOU WERE HERE was shot on location in Sydney and Cambodia and, following its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival (2012), was released theatrically in the U.S. in 2013.
· Joel Edgerton (The Great Gatsby, Zero Dark Thirty, Warrior)
· Teresa Palmer (Warm Bodies, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice)
· Antony Starr (The World’s Fastest Indian, Without a Paddle)
· Felicity Price (“Home and Away”, West)
· Official Selection, Sundance Film Festival
· Winner, Best Original Screenplay & Best Supporting Actor, Australian Film Institute
· Making-of Featurette
· Cast & Crew Interviews with Kieran Darcy-Smith, Felicity Price, Joel Edgerton,
Teresa Palmer, Antony Starr and more