Urban Legend annoyed the hell out of me when I first saw it. But, this was back in an era where people thought Rebecca Gayheart was over-exposed. Now, kids have no idea who she is or what constitutes being The Noxzema Girl. That’s a pretty good thing, as it actually lets younger viewers approach the film for its pure merit. I have to say that 20 years has done it a world of favor, as breaking away from the late 90s horror glut allows it to stand out.
Sure, it still suffers from the Post Scream being too aware for its own good. The film still has the good sense to built off an interesting premise and attract quality horror talent to create an original tale. Plus, if that wasn’t enough…you get a new feature length documentary on the second disc. I love it when films I initially dismissed surprised me. How could I forget how good Michael Rosenbaum was in this? Next time he’s on Theo Von or Kreischer’s shows…I want to send in an Urban Legend related question.
Urban Legend special features
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Jamie Blanks, Producer Michael McDonnell, Assistant Edgar Pablos, Moderated By Author Peter M. Bracke
- Audio Commentary With Director Jamie Blanks, Writer Silvio Horta, And Actor Michael Rosenbaum
- Theatrical Trailer
- NEW Urban Legacy – An Eight-Part Documentary On The Making Of Urban Legend (147 Minutes) Including Interviews With Director Jamie Blanks, Writer Silvio Horta, Executive Producers Brad Luff And Nick Osborne, Producers Neal Moritz, Gina Matthews, And Michael McDonnell, Chairman And CEO Of Phoenix Pictures Mike Medavoy, Production Designer Charles Breen, Director Of Photography James Chressanthis, Editor Jay Cassidy, Composer Christopher Young, Actors Alicia Witt, Michael Rosenbaum, Natasha Gregson Wagner, Robert Englund, Loretta Devine, Rebecca Gayheart, Tara Reid, And Danielle Harris, Assistant Edgar Pablos, Author Peter M. Bracke, And More…
- NEW Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- NEW Extended Interviews From The Eight-Part Documentary
- Archival Making Of Featurette
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scene
- TV Spots