On Thursday evening cast and crew came out for a special She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Season 2 screening at DreamWorks Animation hosted by Tumblr and Yahoo! Entertainment. Cast members who walked the carpet included Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry), AJ Michalka (The Goldbergs), Karen Fukuhara (Suicide Squad), Lauren Ash (Superstore), Marcus Scribner (Black-ish) and series executive producer Noelle Stevenson. The audience, comprised of Tumblr’s biggest She-Ra fans, was treated to the first two episodes from the upcoming season followed by a Q&A with Stevenson and cast.
Q&A Highlights Include:
- According to AJ Michalka and Noelle Stevenson, the Taylor Swift song that would best describe She-Ra and Catra’s relationship would be “Out of the Woods”
- Karen Fukuhara revealed she would keep Glimmer’s powers because she would make a great Postmates employee
- When asked which character they would play other than their own, Lauren Ash said Entrapta, Marcus Scribner chose Mermista, and Karen Fukuhara chose Scorpia.
- Fans walked away with She-Ra crowns and swords
- Noelle Stevenson confirmed there is no sun on Etheria
About She-Ra and the Princesses of Power:
All 7 half-hour episodes of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power’s second season will become available to Netflix members worldwide on April 26, 2019.Season 2 finds Adora firmly at the lead of the Princess Alliance, embarking on a quest of self-discovery to learn more about her past and her future as She-Ra. With Catra rising the ranks of the Horde, the Rebellion must fight to thwart her next attack.
Additional cast includes Lorraine Toussaint (Orange is the New Black), Vella Lovell (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend), Reshma Shetty (Royal Pains), Sandra Oh (Killing Eve), Christine Woods (Hello Ladies), Jordan Fisher (Grease: Live), Merit Leighton (Alexa and Katie), Adam Ray (American Vandal) and Krystal Joy Brown (Motown: The Musical).