THE STORY SO FAR…
Jigsaw and his apprentice Amanda are dead. Now, upon the news of Detective Kerry’s murder, two seasoned FBI profilers, Agent Strahm and Agent Perez, arrive in the terrified community to assist the veteran Detective Hoffman in sifting through Jigsaw’s latest grizzly remains and piecing together the puzzle. However, when SWAT Commander Rigg is abducted and thrust into a game, the last officer untouched by Jigsaw has but ninety minutes to overcome a series of demented traps and save an old friend or face the deadly consequences.
- Audio Commentary with Director Darren Lynn Bousman and Actor Lyriq Bent
- Audio Commentary with Producers Oren Koules and Mark Burg and Executive Producers Peter Block and Jason Constantine
- Darren’s Video Diary
- The Traps of SAW IV
- The Props of SAW IV
- SAW IV music video by “X Japan”
- Bonus Deleted Scene
- MoLog – Experience the World’s First Interactive Blu-Ray Disc Movie Blog
- Video: I’ve now seen this film in the best presentation ever.
- Audio: 7.1 DTS HD Master Audo and 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX
- Extras: Commentaries, Featurettes, MoLog blog and more!
- Packaging: Standard Blu-Ray keepcase.
- Final Tally: 91% – B
The “SAW” franchise has consistently worn on me. At first, it was a collection that I didn’t care about, but the films found that warm place in my heart. The location that loves gore and wants to see sleeping campers get slammed against the side of a tree. To explain this film away is to ask for the readers to have a working understanding of the three films that preceded it, so I’ll just give you a gore rundown. Heads are crushed by ice blocks, people have to pull spikes out of their arteries and mouths are sewn shut. It’s a good gore fest all around and worth your time.Â
In the end, fans of the film will go ahead and take the A/V upgrade to High Definition. The MoLog feature takes forever and day to use. But, I see that being fixed over the new few weeks, as LionsGate works out the kinks of how this interactive option works for this release and future titles. The special features are fun and pack the disc with more information than you would ever need to know about the release. That’s why I recommend the disc for a Blind Buy.