Disney’s most iconic villain “MALEFICENT” comes to life for all to own, November 4, 2014. Starring Academy Award®-winning actress Angelina Jolie (Best Supporting Actress, “Girl, Interrupted,” 2000) as Maleficent, this wickedly fun twist on the classic “Sleeping Beauty” will be made available on Disney Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere, DVD and On-Demand platforms.
After enchanting audiences around the world and grossing more than $700 million in worldwide box office, this live-action, fantasy adventure casts a wondrous new spell on Blu-ray and Digital HD, featuring stunning high definition picture and sound, plus spellbinding, all-new bonus features, including several deleted scenes and behind-the-scenes featurettes that take viewers deeper behind the scenes of the filmmaking magic.
Join the cast and crew as they explore how Disney’s animated classic “Sleeping Beauty” was re-imagined as an innovative, live-action epic in “From Fairy Tale to Feature Film.” Discover how King Henry and Maleficent’s opening battle scene was created using gigantic wire rigs and elaborate choreography in “Building an Epic Battle.” Learn how playing Aurora was a fairytale come true for actress Elle Fanning in “Aurora: Becoming A Beauty.” And find out more about the meticulous detail that went into creating Maleficent’s elaborate head wraps, rings and other accessories in “Classic Couture.” Viewers can also relive the film’s journey to the screen through concept art, layered visual effects and behind the scenes footage in “Maleficent Revealed.”
“Maleficent” stars Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning (“Super 8,” “We Bought a Zoo”), Sharlto Copley (“District 9,” “Elysium”), Sam Riley (“Control,” “On the Road”), Imelda Staunton (“Harry Potter” series), Lesley Manville (“Another Year,” “Secrets & Lies”), Juno Temple (“The Dark Knight Rises,” “Atonement”) and Brenton Thwaites (“Oculus”). It marks the directorial debut of two-time Academy Award® winner Robert Stromberg (Best Achievement in Art Direction, “Avatar,” 2010; Best Achievement in Art Direction, “Alice in Wonderland,” 2011). It was written by Linda Woolverton (“Alice in Wonderland,” “The Lion King”) and produced by Joe Roth (“Alice in Wonderland,” “Oz the Great and Powerful”).
Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD/SD & Disney Movies Anywhere
- From Fairy Tale to Feature Film – Reimagining Maleficent for a new generation
- Building An Epic Battle –Creating the clash between Maleficent and King Henry’s Forces
- Classic Couture – Examine Maleficent’s spellbinding head wraps and jewelry.
- Maleficent Revealed – Explore the layers of extraordinary special effects.
- Aurora: Becoming A Beauty – Elle Fanning reveals her lifelong love of Disney’s original animated classic.
- Deleted Scenes:
o “Stefan In King’s Chamber”
o “Pixie Idiots”
o “Diaval asks about the Curse”
o “Pixies Seek Asylum”
- And More!
*Digital bonus offerings will vary per retailer
- Aurora: Becoming A Beauty
Feature Run Time: Approximately 97 minutes
Rating: Feature Film: “PG” in U.S. and Canada (CE); G in Canada (CF)
Additional Bonus Features Not Rated
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray Feature Film = 1080p High Definition/2.40:1
DVD= Widescreen 2.40:1 / Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions
Audio: Blu-ray Feature Film = 7.1, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French Dolby Digital 5.1
DVD=English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Languages/Subtitles: English, Spanish & French
English Captions for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired
Stay connected with the latest news and information about Disney’s “Maleficent”:
- “Like” us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DisneyMaleficent
- Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Maleficent
- Check out our Website and Mobile Site: http://www.disney.com/maleficent
- Visit www.Disneymoviesanywhere.com and download the DMA App at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disney-movies-anywhere-watch/id766894692?mt=8