The Upside From UPHE Available Today!
Kevin Hart (Night School, Ride Along) and Bryan Cranston (Trumbo, “Breaking Bad”) pair up to tell the inspirational true story of a genuine and unique friendship in the fun and moving comedy The Upside, debuting on Digital on May 14, 2019 and on Blu-rayTM Combo Pack, DVD and On Demand on May 21, 2019 from STXfilms, Lantern Entertainment and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. From acclaimed director Neil Burger (Divergent, Limitless), the film follows a discouraged out-of-work ex-con and a wealthy quadriplegic who unexpectedly come together and help each other bring back their zest for life.
A “funny and warmhearted buddy comedy” (Pete Hammond, Deadline) grounded in real emotion, The Upside earned an “A” CinemaScore from moviegoers and features a stellar supporting cast including Nicole Kidman (Aquaman, “Big Little Lies”), Golshifteh Farahani (Paterson, Boutique), Julianna Margulies (“The Good Wife,” “ER”), Aja Naomi King (The Birth of a Nation, “How to Get Away with Murder”), and Tate Donovan (Argo, “Damages”).
Recently paroled ex-convict, Dell Scott (Hart) strikes up an unusual and unlikely friendship with a quadriplegic billionaire, Phillip Lacasse (Cranston) in this hilarious and heartfelt comedy. From worlds apart, Dell and Phillip form an unlikely bond, bridging their differences and gaining invaluable wisdom in the process, giving each man a renewed sense of passion for all of life’s possibilities.
The Upside on Blu-rayTM, DVD, and Digital comes loaded with special bonus content including a gag reel, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and a breakdown of the onscreen chemistry between Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston.
BONUS FEATURES on BLU-RAYTM, DVD AND DIGITAL
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Onscreen Chemistry: Kevin and Bryan – Film stars Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston talk about their unique characters and working together on The Upside.
- Creating a Story of Possibility – Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston share insight on how their characters, Dell Scott and Phillip Lacasse, unexpectedly come together to help each other unlock a new world of possibilities.
- Bridging Divisions – Director Neil Burger and Kevin Hart talk about how two very different people find common ground through compassion for each other.
- Embracing Positivity – Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston open up about positive messages in the film and the power of hope, love, and friendship.
- Presenting a Different Side of Kevin Hart – Neil Burger, Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston discuss Kevin’s career-changing role and his fantastic performance.
- Theatrical Trailer
The Upside will be available on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
FORREST GUMP 25th Anniversary Screening on the National Mall
Retired Sergeant First Class Sammy L. Davis, a recipient of the Medal of Honor, and his wife Dixie, pose for photos on a replica of the famous bench from the Academy Award-winning classic Forrest Gump for the film’s 25th anniversary celebration on Friday, May 24, 2019 in Washington, D.C. Davis’ real-life Medal of Honor ceremony appears in the film with Tom Hanks superimposed. (Photo by Casey Rodgers/Invision for Paramount Home Entertainment/AP Images)
Paramount Pictures celebrated the 25th anniversary of the beloved classic FORREST GUMP with a special outdoor screening on the National Mall in Washington D.C. Free to the public, the screening took place on the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. The first 500 attendees received a free blanket and the first 1,000 enjoyed free popcorn. Fans also took photos on a replica of the film’s famous bench. #ForrestGump25DC
Little comes to Blu-ray on July 9th
The big boss gets a small dose of karma in LITTLE, an inventive new twist on the “body swap” comedy. The film arrives on Digital and the all-new digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on June 25, 2019 and on Blu-Ray™, DVD, and On Demand July 9, 2019 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Hailed by critics as “big fun” (Shawn Edwards, FOX-TV), LITTLE shines a bright light on the incredible talent of the three female leads and shows the true meaning of Black Girl Magic.
This light-hearted, comedic and heartwarming film on Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital comes packed with lively exclusive bonus features including a gag reel, behind-the-scenes featurettes, a hilarious “mockumentary” featuring Regina Hall and a special “Assistant Survival Guide” presented by Issa Rae.
LITTLE is an irreverent new comedy about the price of success, the power of sisterhood and having a second chance to grow up — and glow up — right. Regina Hall (Girls Trip, “Black Monday”) and Marsai Martin (Black-ish) both star as Jordan Sanders — Hall as the take-no-prisoners tech mogul adult version of Jordan and Martin as the 13-year-old version of her who wakes up in her adult self’s penthouse just before a do-or-die presentation. Issa Rae (“Insecure,” The Hate You Give) plays Jordan’s long-suffering assistant April. Using heart and humor, LITTLE teaches us to not shy away but to celebrate the greatest and most authentic versions of ourselves.
Filled with laugh-out-loud moments from beginning to end and amusing bonus content, LITTLE makes the perfect movie for a Girls Night In! The film is based on an idea by Marsai Martin, who also serves as an executive producer, alongside Regina Hall, Preston Holmes (Girls Trip, Night School), and Josh Martin. Little is directed by Tina Gordon (What Men Want, Drumline), produced by Will Packer (Girls Trip, Night School), and also stars Justin Hartley (“This Is Us”, A Bad Moms Christmas).
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAYTM, DVD and digital:
- Gag Reel
- More Than a LITTLE Talent – A behind-the-scenes look at the dream cast that brings Black Girl Magic to the silver screen.
- Regina Goes Method – A look at Regina Hall’s unique approach to playing the character of Jordan Sanders.
- Marsai Martin Presents… – Journey with Marai Martin as she tours around the set interviewing the filmmakers and crew.
- Black Momma Whuppin’ Situation – Go behind-the-scenes of the hilarious parking lot fight with Issa Rae and Marsai Martin.
- Issa Rae’s Assistant Survival Guide – Issa Rae shares tips for surviving a boss from hell.
LITTLE will be available on Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.
Cohen Film Collection brings BETWEEN THE LINES to DVD and Blu-ray on JUNE 18TH
Cinderella Walt Disney Signature Collection Arrives on Digital June 18 and Blu-ray June 25
In honor of its upcoming 70th anniversary, the timeless animated classic “Cinderella” waltzes into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection and the hearts of a whole new generation. The enchanting tale, which showed us that dreams really do come true — and inspired countless fans to reenact the Royal Ball and Cinderella’s infamous midnight dash — arrives home Digitally in HD and Movies Anywhere on June 18, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on June 25.
The Anniversary Edition of “Cinderella” offers two all-new extras: “Cinderella” trivia and fun facts, hosted by Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s “Sydney to the Max,” and “In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition,” a special edition of “Cinderella” featuring fascinating production details, original storyboards, archival photos, thumbnail sketches and transcripts throughout the feature film. Hours of classic bonus material celebrates the masterful animation, memorable music and long-lasting impact of “Cinderella,” showcasing Walt Disney’s core group of animators, the art of Disney Legend Mary Blair, the original demo recording of the film’s title song and Cinderella’s iconic glass slipper.
Recently added to the prestigious National Film Registry, the animated classic centers on kind and hardworking Cinderella, who is ordered around by her cruel stepmother, her awful stepsisters — even the big clock in the church tower tells her when to start another day of drudgery. But they can’t stop her from dreaming, and Cinderella has faith that someday her wishes will come true. When an invitation to the royal ball arrives, Cinderella is sure her time has come — until her stepsisters, with the encouragement of Lady Tremaine, tear her gown to shreds.
Just when Cinderella believes all is lost, her Fairy Godmother appears, and with a wave of her wand and “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo,” transforms an ordinary pumpkin into a magnificent coach and Cinderella’s rags into a gorgeous gown, then sends her off to the Royal Ball. But Cinderella’s enchanted evening must end when the spell is broken at midnight. It will take the help of her daring animal mice friends and a perfect fit into a glass slipper to create the ultimate fairy tale ending.
“Cinderella” is the ninth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Peter Pan” and “The Little Mermaid.”
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- Try This Trivia on for Size – Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
- In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition – Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches and transcripts.
- Diane Disney Miller “Cinderella” Film Intro – In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
- The Real Fairy Godmother – Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O’Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O’Connor.
- Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland – Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
- The Magic of the Glass Slipper – World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive “Glass Slipper” in honor of a beloved Disney classic.
THE ART OF CINDERELLA
- Concept Art – View a gallery of concept art from the feature’s production.
- Character Model Sheets – View a gallery of character model sheets from the feature’s production.
- Story Sketches – View a gallery of story sketches from the feature’s production.
- Live-Action Reference – View a gallery of photos taken from live-action footage shot as a reference for the animated feature.
- Pencil Animation – View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature’s production.
- Behind-the-Scenes Stills – View a gallery of behind-the-scenes stills from the feature’s production.
- Feature Stills – View a gallery of stills from the feature.
MUSIC AND MORE
- “Cinderella” Title Song
- “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes”
- “Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale”
- “The Work Song”
- “So This Is Love”
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
- 1 The Upside From UPHE Available Today!
- 2 FORREST GUMP 25th Anniversary Screening on the National Mall