Instant Family is a family comedy/drama told in four strokes. Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne are keeping them high and tight in this tale of a lovely couple adopting some kids. While it might seem crazy, it makes a lot more sense than Pup play. But, what are two affluent suburbanites going to do with three kids that might overwhelm them? That’s right, they call in Tom Segura for help. Garth Brooks was too busy in Studio G to chime in, but Segura helps our two leads learn what it takes to raise three Latinx kids in a modern world.
This is the kind of film that will make you want to say Good Morning, Julia. Wahlberg and Byrne go full throttle into this family friendly tale about how parents work together to form the bonds that make a family. All of this is brought to you by the director of Sex Drive and not the good people at McDonalds. They weren’t loving it, but you could enjoy it in the privacy of your own home now. There is a list of special features below for you to try out. You won’t even have to call Dr. Drew over to answer your questions.
Bert is Fat, but this film is heartwarming. Every once in awhile a film like this breaks out and it doesn’t quite thrill at the box office. But, it’s destined to warm its way into constant repeat in your home. Your kids will love it, you will love it and most importantly Garth will love it.
Who’s Randy? A Guide to Instant Family special features
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Introduction by Sean Anders and John Morris
- Gag Reel
- Commentary by director/writer Sean Anders and writer John Morris
- and Mrs. Fix-It—Behind the scenes with Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne
- Kid Power—Meet the talented young cast
- I Need Some Support—Octavia Spencer and Tig Notaro guide a group of parents through the laughter and tears of foster care
- Order in the Court—Inside one of the film’s most heartfelt moments
- The Families Behind the Fair—Hear from real foster families
- Crew Inspiration—Crew members share their own foster care stories
- The Anders Family—The real-life inspiration for the film
- Isabela Moner “I’ll Stay” – Promotional Music Video
- On Set Proposal—A surprising wedding proposal from one crew member to another