Saturday News: Ghibli, The Cure, Dumbo, One Child Nation, Child’s Play
GKIDS & Fathom Events’ Studio Ghibli Fest 2019 Continues in July with WHISPER OF THE HEART
‘The Cure – Anniversary 1978-2018 Live in Hyde Park London’ in theaters 7/11
Trafalgar Releasing, in collaboration with Eagle Rock Entertainment, today announced the global cinema release of The Cure – Anniversary 1978-2018 Live in Hyde Park London, celebrating 40 years of The Cure, cementing them as one of the defining rock bands of music history.
The film, slated for release from Thursday, July 11th, sees The Cure take the stage on a perfect July evening in London’s Hyde Park to deliver a set of a songs celebrating four decades of music making.
The ensuing film Anniversary 1978-2018 directed by longtime collaborator Tim Pope, captures them in glorious 4K. The 5.1 audio mix by Robert Smith and Paul Corkett complements and completes this fabulously immersive cinematic experience.
>From Lovesong to Lullaby, from Boy’s Don’t Cry to Burn, from Fascination Street to Friday I’m In Love, Robert Smith and his extraordinary band – Simon Gallup, Jason Cooper, Roger O’Donnell and Reeves Gabrels – take us on a magical trip through time.
The now seminal gig received widespread critical acclaim including five stars from The Independent, calling it “a perfect set”. Rolling Stone said there was a “unique power in The Cure’s live performance”, whilst NME called it “epic” and The Metro awarded four stars saying that the show was a “testament to how iconic The Cure’s music is that ticket-holders covered all generations”.
Lead singer of The Cure, Robert Smith says: “This really was the perfect way to celebrate 40 years of the band. It was a fabulous day none of us will ever forget”.
Disney’s Live-Action Adventure – DUMBO – Arrives on Digital, Blu-ray and 4K June 25
“Dumbo,” the grand live-action adventure from Disney and visionary director Tim Burton, which expanded on the beloved animated classic and sent spirits soaring, prepares for a landing on June 25. Disney invites fans to fall in love again with this heartfelt story, in which differences are celebrated, family is cherished and dreams take flight, when it swoops into homes on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere, and physically on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD — with never-before-seen bonus features, deleted scenes, Easter eggs and bloopers.
Stunning extras will transport viewers to the set of “Dumbo,” where cast members Danny DeVito (circus owner Max Medici), Michael Keaton (opportunistic businessman V.A. Vandevere), Colin Farrell (war-veteran-turned-elephant-keeper Holt Farrier), Eva Green (stunning aerialist Colette Marchant), Nico Parker (Farrier’s daughter, Milly) and Finley Hobbins (Farrier’s son, Joe) share their personal stories of courage and character. Features explore how Disney’s timeless animated story was brought to life with an incredibly expressive, lovable, fully computer-generated baby elephant; the longtime collaboration of Burton, production designer Rick Heinrichs and costume designer Colleen Atwood, which resulted in jaw-dropping sets and costumes; and the creation of the visually colossal Dreamland parade sequence. Also included are nine deleted scenes, hidden and not-so-hidden Easter eggs, bloopers and a special performance of “Baby Mine” by Arcade Fire.
In “Dumbo,” struggling circus owner Max Medici enlists former star Holt Farrier and his children to care for a newborn elephant whose oversized ears make him a laughingstock. But when they discover that Dumbo can fly, the circus makes an incredible comeback, attracting persuasive but sinister entrepreneur V.A. Vandevere, who recruits the peculiar pachyderm for his newest, spectacular, larger-than-life entertainment venture, Dreamland.
“Dumbo” will be released in several different formats, giving families the flexibility to watch it on a variety of devices. Viewers can watch the film in Digital 4K UHD, HD and SD, and bring home a physical copy of the film as the 4K Ultra HD Edition (4K UHD, Blu-ray and Digital Code), Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Code) and a single DVD.
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- CIRCUS SPECTACULARS: Dumbo’s cast share their experience of making the film—and get to the heart of a story about family and believing in yourself.
- THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: Explore how one of Disney’s most lovable characters went from an animated classic to a stunning live-action retelling.
- BUILT TO AMAZE: Get a closer look at the film’s production and costume design.
- DELETED SCENES: A compelling collection of scenes that almost made the final film.
- Roustabout Rufus
- Pachyderm Plans
- The Other Medici Brother
- Monkey Business
- A Star Is Born
- Where’s Dumbo
- Elephant Heist
- A Seat at the Show
- EASTER EGGS ON PARADE: Discover the hidden and not-so-hidden nods to the animated Dumbo in this narrated tribute to the Disney classic.
- CLOWNING AROUND: Laugh along with the cast in a collection of big-top bloopers and goofs from the set.
- “BABY MINE”: Visual video performed by Arcade Fire
- DREAMLAND – ANATOMY OF A SCENE: From Final Script to Final Scene: The filmmakers and cast talk a lot about the feeling of “grand intimacy” in the film. Step right up as they bring the Dreamland parade to life, accomplishing the rare marriage of a massive spectacle combined with an emotional tenderness.
Product SKUs: 4K Ultra HD (4K UHD+Blu-ray+Digital Code); Digital UHD, HD, SD; Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Code); DVD and On-Demand
Feature Run Time: Approximately 111 minutes
Rating: US: Rated PG; CE/CF: Rated G (Bonus material not rated)
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- 4K Ultra HD: English Dolby Atmos and 2.0 Descriptive Audio; Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus Language Tracks
- Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA and 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
- DVD: English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio Language Tracks
- UHD Digital: English Dolby Atmos (some platforms); English, Spanish and French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital; English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
- HD Digital: English, Spanish and French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital; English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
- SD Digital: English, Spanish and French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital; English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
Amazon Studios will release ONE CHILD NATION in select theaters on August 9, 2019. Here’s the trailer!
Amazon Studios will release ONE CHILD NATION in select theaters on August 9, 2019
One Child Nation uncovers the untold history of China’s One-Child policy and the generations of parents and children forever shaped by this social experiment.
Child’s Play by way of Gemr
Halloween x Available to Stream on HBO NOW
It doesn’t have to be Halloween for the bogeyman to come out. Halloween is available to stream on HBO NOW.
Following John Carpenter’s classic 1978 horror film by the same name, Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode in her final confrontation with infamous killer Michael Myers, who has haunted her since narrowly escaping his killing spree on Halloween night, four decades ago.
You must log in to post a comment.