FRANK & EVA REVIEWED
“Frank & Eva” follows a couple that enjoys being louder and louder and louder. Now, they hate each other and start screwing around. Sylvia Kristel makes her pre Emmanuelle debut, as she demanded a role from Pim De La Parra. The biggest star of the film is Willeke van Ammelrooy. Ammelrooy kills it as a woman daring to challenge her husband by being a bigger lout than him. The duo bandies back and forth while being frank about their sexual demands.
For a film that came in 1973, it’s still far more mature than most modern releases in America. I appreciate Artsploitation films that don’t try to be avant-garde, but real. Relationships and human interactions deserve to have direct reads that don’t hide behind politeness. Hell, now I want to check out more of De La Parra’s work. I’ve only seen excerpts from Blue Movie, but I’m hoping that it’s more like this. “Frank & Eva” is probably my favorite Cult Epics release of the year.
- Audio Commentary by Pim de la Parra (2018)
- Up Front & Naked: Sex in Dutch films (2017) featurette with Willeke van Ammelrooy a.o.
- Frank & Eva Poster & Photo Gallery
- Sylvia Kristel Film Poster Gallery
- Original Theatrical Trailers
- 1.33:1 1080p transfer
- Dolby Digital 2.0 MONO (reads as uncompressed)
RELEASE DATE: 6/5/18