The countdown begins for one of the most highly anticipated home entertainment debuts of the year. In 50 days, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment will unleash Fifty Shades Darker Unrated Edition, plunging fans even deeper into the mesmerizing, hidden world of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, as the year’s hottest romance comes home on Digital HD on April 25, 2017 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand, on May 9, 2017. The global film phenomenon sparked by E.L. James’ best-selling book trilogy returns with the second chapter of the darkly alluring tale that captivated the world. Fans can now stay in and have the ultimate at-home movie night with Fifty Shades Darker Unrated Edition, and this time, there are no rules and no secrets.
When a wounded Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan, “The Fall,” Anthropoid) tries to entice a cautious Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson, How to Be Single, Black Mass) back into his life, she demands a new arrangement before she will give him another chance. As the two begin to build trust and find stability, shadowy figures from Christian’s past start to circle the couple. Jack Hyde (Eric Johnson, “The Knick,” “Smallville”) and Elena Lincoln (Kim Basinger, L.A. Confidential, 9 ½ Weeks) intensify the story, determined to destroy the couple’s hopes for a future together.
Directed by James Foley (“House of Cards,” Fear), Fifty Shades Darker also features Bella Heathcote (Dark Shadows, “The Man in the High Castle”), as well as returning cast members Oscar® winner Marcia Gay Harden (Fifty Shades of Grey, Miller’s Crossing) and Rita Ora (Fifty Shades of Grey).
In addition to both the original theatrical version and a steamy new unrated version with over 13 minutes of footage not seen in theaters, Fifty Shades Darker Unrated Edition on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD comes with more than 30 minutes of never-before-seen bonus content, including cast interviews, behind-the-scenes features, and a peek at what lies ahead in the upcoming Fifty Shades Freed!
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY™:
- A Darker Direction – Director James Foley explains how his vision had to meet with fans’ expectations.
- New Threats – An introduction to some new, dark and threatening characters, including Jack Hyde, Leila and, of course, Elena Lincoln – aka Mrs. Robinson!
- The Masquerade – This featurette about one of the film’s most iconic scenes — the masquerade benefit event at Grey Mansion — explores the production design and costumes and goes behind-the-scenes with the filmmakers and main cast members.
- Intimate With Darker – An intense look and discussion about the intimate, sensual and provocative world of Fifty Shades Darker, including a visit to the Red Room and, of course, the new “toys!”
BONUS FEATURES on BLU-RAY™ and DVD:
- Deleted Scenes
- A Tease to Fifty Shades Freed – A tease to the next Fifty Shades film.
- Writing Darker – Author E.L. James and screenwriter Niall Leonard trace back the history of the book and introduce viewers to the much darker story and its adaptation to the big screen.
- Dark Reunion – The filmmakers and cast members discuss being reunited for this second film, and where we find Ana, Christian and their friends.
The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack which includes Ultra HD Blu-rayTM, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD. The 4K Ultra HD combo pack will include all bonus features on the Blu-ray™ disc.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DIGITAL HD lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.