Ernie Kovacs has a hold on someone at Shout Factory. I feel that by covering Shout’s stuff, I have learned way more about Ernie Kovacs than I ever expected. This set provides 22 hours of everything the man did in the Golden Age. While some are kinescopes, the bulk of the material is prime material cut from the ABC archives to color versions of his shows that didn’t quite make it.
Plus, you get the modern appreciations of what makes the guy tick. I did really enjoy the TV pilot with Buster Keaton. However, it still feels super buried on the set. Oh well, I loved it.
The library of Ernie Kovacs special features
- 1987 ATAS Hall Of Fame Induction
- Remembering Ernie With George Schlatter And Jolene Brand
- “Baseball Film”
- Making Of “Baseball Film”
- “The Mysterious Knockwurst”
- Andy McKay 8mm Home Movies
- Percy Dovetonsils: “Ode To Stanley’s Pussycat”
- Martin Krutch, Public Eye
- Rock Mississippi In “Fingers Under Weskit”
- Howard, The World’s Strongest Ant
- J. Burlington Gearshift
- “Superclod” Test
- “Take A Good Look” Clues
- “Take A Good Look” Sales Film
- “Silents Please”
- “Our Man In Havana” Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- Dutch Masters Commercials
- Trailer For “Operation Mad Ball” – “It Happened To Ernie”
- Surprise Audience Member
- Audio Lost
- Matzoh Hepplewhite
- Interview With Ernie Kovacs On The L
What's Your Reaction?
Troy Anderson is the Owner/Editor-in-Chief of AndersonVision. He uses a crack team of unknown heroes to bring you the latest and greatest in Entertainment News.