Celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the modern-day holiday classic Elf when Buddy’s Sing & Cheer Along Edition arrives on DVD and Digital on November 27th from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Directed by Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Chef), the beloved comedy Elf stars Will Ferrell (Old School, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Step Brothers) as Buddy the Elf.
Directed by Favreau from an original script by David Berenbaum (The Haunted Mansion), the film features an all-star cast including Ferrell, James Caan as Walter Hobbs, Zooey Deschanel as Jovie, Mary Steenburgen as Emily Hobbs, Faizon Love as Wanda, Peter Dinklage as Miles Finch, Amy Sedaris as Deb, and Andy Richter as Morris, with Edward Asner as Santa Claus and Bob Newhart as Papa Elf.
Elf: Buddy’s Sing & Cheer Along Edition will be available on DVD and brand new Elf-inspired extra content, including a bouncing elf hat singalong with Buddy and his friends and all new fun, family-friendly interactive special features. Also included in the DVD package are the original theatrical film and previously released special features.
Fans can also own Elf: Buddy’s Sing & Cheer Along Edition via purchase from digital retailers beginning November 27th as a new standalone feature, as part of iTunes Extras, or in a bundle with the original film depending on the digital retailer platform.
Elf: Buddy’s Sing & Cheer Along Edition will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.
Will Ferrell stars as the ultimate fish out of water, Buddy, who as a baby crawls into Santa’s toy bag and is whisked off to the North Pole, where he is raised as an elf. A cheerful misfit who grows to be three times the size of his elf family, Buddy ultimately heads to his birthplace – New York City – to seek out his roots.
Unfortunately, they turn out to be a “Scrooge”-like father and a cynical eight-year-old half-brother who doesn’t believe in Santa. Worst of all, everyone seems to have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas. But using his simple elf ways, Buddy sets out to singlehandedly win over his family and save Christmas in New York, hoping at last to find his true place in the world.
Elf: Buddy’s Sing and Cheer Edition Special New Interactive Features:
- Sing Along version – Follow Buddy’s elf cap as it bounces over the lyrics when one of the glorious and goofy songs comes on.
- Buddy’s Best Lines – As Buddy blurts and bellows his lines, watch the words dash, dance and scream on screen.
- Buddy’s Big Book of Elf Culture – Be tickled by entries and anecdotes from his Big Book of Elf Culture, everything from toy-making tips to popular elfin dance steps.
- Sweet Treats – Throughout the movie you will be treated to Buddy’s recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- The Clausometer – Track Buddy’s holiday spirit every time you see the Clausometer in the corner of the screen.
- Buddy’s Buddies – During special moments in the movie, one of Buddy’s North Pole playmates will animate on screen.
- Fun Facts and Trivia – Amusing factoids randomly pop-up with tidbits on Buddy’s humorous and heartwarming adventure.
Previously Released Special Features:
- Commentaries by Will Ferrell and Jon Favreau
- Deleted/alternate scenes
- Nine featurettes including Tag Along with Will Ferrell, Film School for Kids, How They Made the North Pole, Kids on Christmas, Santa Mania, and more.