DRAG ME TO HELL: COLLECTOR’S EDITION REVIEWED
“Drag Me to Hell” is the greatest film about bulimia. I know it’s a film theory that keeps making the rounds, but it’s the truth. Alison Lohman is a young woman trying to make sense of a life barreling out of control. She’s a loan officer with a perfect boyfriend, yet she’s always one step away from something great. Sam Raimi was one of my horror favorites as a kid, so I never quite expected a film like this. Yet, he gets horror in the way that Polanski did before he got super creepy.
Monsters, supernatural hang-ups and related claptrap are one way to scare. But, the real terror comes from hitting those sour spots in the human experience. I’m still waiting for the day where a fan edits out the old woman, demons and other garbage from the film. It’ll be like Garfield without Garfield, but you get to watch a blonde girl break down. I know that will appeal to certain crowds.
- NEW HD Master Of The Theatrical Cut Taken From The 2K Digital Intermediate
- Production Diaries – With Behind-the-scenes Footage And Interviews With Co-writer/director Sam Raimi, Actors Allison Lohman, Justin Long, David Paymer, Dileep Rao, Lorna Raver, Special Effects Guru Greg Nicotero, Director Of Photography Peter Deming, And More (35 Minutes)
- Vintage Interviews With Director Sam Raimi And Actors Alison Lohman And Justin Long (33 Minutes)
- TV Spots
- Theatrical Trailer
- NEW HD Master Of The Unrated Cut Taken From The 2K Digital Intermediate
- NEW To Hell And Back – An Interview With Actress Alison Lohman (12 Minutes)
- NEW Curses! – An Interview With Actress Lorna Raver (16 Minutes)
- NEW Hitting All The Right Notes – An Interview With Composer Christopher Young (17 Minutes)
- Still Gallery
- 2.40:1 1080p transfer
- DTS-HD 5.1 master audio track
RELEASE DATE: OUT NOW!
- Video - 95%95%
- Audio - 93%93%
- Special Features - 96%96%
- Film Score - 96%96%
The Plot Thus Far
A loan officer who evicts an old woman from her home finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse. Desperate, she turns to a seer to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point.