M. Night Shyamalan’s “Glass,” Available on Digital 4/2 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand 4/16
Writer-Director M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense, Signs) completes a mind-bending trilogy created nearly twenty years ago with GLASS, a comic book thriller available on Digital via the digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on April 2, 2019 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM, DVD and On Demand on April 16, 2019, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. GLASS is a grounded-in-reality, comic-book thriller where the heroes and villains are people first.
The thrilling culmination to the trilogy that started with Unbreakable and Split, stars James McAvoy (Split, Atonement), Samuel L. Jackson (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Avengers Franchise), Bruce Willis (Unbreakable, Die Hard), Sarah Paulson (Ocean’s Eight, “American Horror Story”) and Anya-Taylor Joy (Split, The Witch). Go inside the mind of master of suspense M. Night Shyamalan to uncover the connections and references that bring the three films together in one universe. Experience more than sixty minutes of never-before-seen features elaborating on his process and artistic vision including an in-depth look at the making of the film, deep insights on the characters, a never-before-seen alternate opening, and deleted scenes.
GLASS features “Shyamalan’s eccentric, intimately scaled superhero universe” (Manohla Dargis, The New York Times), while offering a closer look at the world of the Elijah Price, also known as Mr. Glass (Jackson), David Dunn (Willis), and Kevin Wendell Crumb (McAvoy) as they experience a series of escalating encounters as they escape from an asylum and embark on a thrilling battle of good versus evil. Producers M. Night Shyamalan, Jason Blum (Get Out, Halloween), Marc Bienstock (Before I Fall), Ashwin Rajan (Devil, The Visit) and executive producer Steven Schneider (Paranormal Activity series) reunite with GLASS for “one of the most original comic book movies in recent years” (Scott Menzel, We Live Entertainment).
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM & DIGITAL
- The Collection of Main Characters – A look at all the main players and how they fit in the universe created by filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan.
- David Dunn
- Elijah Price
- Kevin Wendell Crumb
- The Rest of the Family
- Bringing the Team Back Together – M. Night Shyamalan is famous for working with many of the same crew from film to film. In this piece, cast and crew share personal stories of why Shyamalan’s productions feel like seeing family again.
- David Dunn vs. The Beast – An in-depth look at the animalistic face-off between David Dunn and The Beast
- Glass Decoded – M. Night Shyamalan unveils some secrets of continuity and style from across the Glass trilogy
- Breaking Glass: The Stunts – The superhuman strength of The Beast is best illustrated in the stunts. Take a behind the scenes look into the very effective methods of executing stunts in the film.
- Connecting the Glass Universe – Explore M. Night Shyamalan’s stylistic approach to the Glass trilogy and the unconventional concept of a comic book movie grounded in reality.
- M. Night Shyamalan: Behind the Lens – Cast and crew discuss Shyamalan’s dedicated and meticulous approach to storytelling.
- The Sound of Glass – Composer West Dylan Thordson elaborates on his use of string instruments to create tension, and explains why recording the score on-location enhanced the tone of Glass.
- Enhancing the Spectacle – The VFX team provides details on the rewarding task of using CGI as an effective tool to intensify the narrative of Glass.
- Raven Hill Memorial – Roam the long corridors of Raven Hill Memorial Hospital and see why the cast and crew describe the eerie location as its own character in the film.
- Night Vision – A look at the early stages of Glass by examining the storyboards and their remarkable similarity to the final shots in the film.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM, DIGITAL AND DVD:
- Alternate Opening – Introduction by director M. Night Shyamalan available
- Deleted Scenes – Introductions by director M. Night Shyamalan available
- David Alone at Bar
- Patricia Talks to Cheerleaders
- David Encounters Pierce
- Casey in Art Class
- Dr. Staple Explains Machine
- Mrs. Price in Waiting Room
- Mrs. Price Talks to Elijah
- Dr. Staple Drinks Tea
- Pierce Checks Elijah’s Room
- Mrs. Price Tells Elijah About Surgery
- David Submits to Dr. Staple
- Patients Worship The Beast
- A Conversation with James McAvoy and M. Night Shyamalan – Star James McAvoy and Producer/Writer/Director M. Night Shyamalan discuss the importance of originality when creating a film in this genre.
The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-rayTM, Blu-rayTM and Digital. The 4K Ultra HD disc will include the same bonus features as the Blu-rayTM version, all in stunning 4K resolution.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.
THIRD EYE SPIES | Now Available to Own and On Demand
After an experiment in psychic abilities at Stanford Research Institute reveals a top secret NSA site, the two physicists behind it all are co-opted by the CIA and the amazing work of their psychic spies is silenced by the demands of “national security.” When America’s greatest psychic spy dies mysteriously and is accused of treason, it spurs program co-founder Russell Targ to fight to get this work declassified, even if it means going directly to his former enemies in the Soviet Union, to the CIA, and beyond to prove the reality of ESP.
This film presents the true story of physicist Russell Targ, his cold war psychic spies and his
fight to bring this information public. Evidence is presented by a Nobel Laureate, an Apollo
Astronaut, and many formerly undercover military “remote viewers” and scientists that worked for the U.S. Intelligence community. They are now able to speak for the first time. The film consists of compellingly cinematic re-enactments of actual remote viewings done at SRI for intelligence agencies, new data retrieved from recently declassified documents via Freedom of Information Act, and over 30 interviews with every top player involved and how those discoveries are being used today. Targ says that ESP is real whether it is used to find your house keys, or make money on Wall Street; find a kidnapped general or a downed Russian bomber; or discover your own true nature.
Cast: Russell Targ, Dean Radin PhD, Uri Geller, Brian Josephson PhD, Hal Puthoff PhD, Stephan A. Schwartz, Edgar Mitchell PhD, Lori Williams
Directed by: Lance Mungia
Written by: Russell Targ, Lance Mungia
Produced by: Russel Targ
CAPTIVE STATE | New Motion Poster
The Scariest Movie Ever Made Celebrates 40 Years as ALIEN Arrives on 4K Ultra HD April 23
In space no one can hear you scream. The terrifying sci-fi adventure, ALIEN, celebrates 40 years with an all-new 4K Ultra HD™ master, available April 23. A limited edition 4K UHD™ steelbook of ALIEN 40th Anniversary Edition will also be available exclusively at Best Buy.
In the film that birthed the wildly successful ALIEN franchise, the crew of the deep space tug Nostromo awaken from stasis during a voyage home to Earth when their ship’s computer detects what is believed to be an alien distress signal coming from the desolate nearby moon, LV-426. While investigating, one of the crew, Kane (John Hurt), is attacked by an alien creature that latches to his face and he is rushed back to the Nostromo to receive medical treatment. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), the ship’s warrant officer, advises against Kane’s return due to quarantine regulations – but her orders are ignored by Ash (Ian Holm), bringing the Nostromo under threat from a mysterious, extraterrestrial apex predator with violent and lethal survival instincts.
The film was restored in 4K in 2018 by 20th Century Fox at Company 3/Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, supervised by Ridley Scott and Pam Dery, with the 4K scans were done at EFilm.
ALIEN 40th Anniversary Bonus Features:
- 1979 Theatrical Version
- 2003 Director’s Cut
- 2003 Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott and the Cast & Crew
- 1999 Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Final Theatrical Isolated Score – Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Composer’s Original Isolated Score – Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Deleted Scenes
ALIEN 40th Anniversary 4K ULTRA HD™ & Blu-ray Specs
Street Date: April 23, 2019
Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.40:1)
Audio (4K Ultra HD™): English DTS-HD-MA 5.1 / English DTS-HD-MA 4.1 (Theatrical Version Only) /
English Surround DTS-HD-MA2 2.0 / Spanish DD 5.1 / French DTS 5.1
Audio (Blu-ray): English DTS-HD-MA 5.1 / English Dolby Digital 4.1 (Theatrical Version Only) /
English Surround Dolby Digital 2.0 / Spanish DD 5.1 / French DTS 5.1
Subtitles: English / Spanish / French
U.S. Rating: R for sci-fi violence, gore and language
HBO and Ommegang Announce New Game of Thrones Beer, “For The Throne”
As fans prepare for the highly anticipated return of Game of Thrones, Brewery Ommegang and HBO Licensing & Retail are pleased to announce For The Throne, the latest beer in their multi-year, multi-beer partnership. For The Throne launches nationwide at the beginning of April, just in time for the realm to reach a fever pitch when the show returns on Sunday, April 14.
“Winter is here, the wall has fallen, and the final battle for Westeros is underway. With this offering, we have bent the traditional boundaries of beer-making, co-fermenting traditional ingredients with juices normally destined for fine wines, going to great lengths to create a truly unique, special beer,” says Brewery Ommegang president Doug Campbell. “This style of beer, often called a ‘oenobeer,’ is a rapidly expanding area of study for us. For The Throne is our first of co-fermentation beer of 2019, and the only one we’ve launched under the Game of Thrones banner.”
“In the course of planning out the next beer in our amazing collaborative partnership with Brewery Ommegang we asked the brewers ‘What would Ommegang do for the throne?’” said Jeff Peters, Vice President of Licensing and Retail at HBO. “Their answer was to brew this exciting and innovative co-fermented beer so that our fans can raise a toast to the culmination of their beloved series this spring. Every bottle, every pour, every toast, every sip… For The Throne!”
Delicate yet complex, For The Throne is a tribute to those who aspire to be the final occupant of the Iron Throne. This 9.5% ABV strong golden ale is co-fermented with pinot grigio and viognier grape juices and then bottle conditioned with Champagne yeast to create an ale fit for royalty.
For the Throne pours a striking golden copper with a fluffy white head. Aromas of honeysuckle and toasted grain mingle with notes of pear and apricot. Flavors of sweet malt and honeydew lead to a quaffable body that belies the elevated alcohol. The finish is clean and dry, with vibrant effervescence.
For The Throne is brewed with pilsner and carapils malts, dextrose, and pinot grigio and viognier grape juices, and hopped with Bravo and Saaz varietals. Ommegang’s house yeast is used in primary fermentation and Champagne yeast in bottle conditioning.
A welcome addition to any feast, pair this versatile beer with all manner of cheeses, whole roasted poultry and smoked fish, and for dessert, macerated berries and fresh whipped cream. Available on draft and in wrapped 750ml bottles with gold artwork, For The Throne will be sold throughout Ommegang’s distribution network beginning in early April.
Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase – Sophia Lillis & Linda Lavin Quotes
Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, an all-new film coming to theaters on March 15 from Warner Bros., Ellen DeGeneres’ A Very Good Production and Red 56, features a wide array of new and notable acting talent, ranging from up-and-coming starlets to true acting royalty.
The film centers on the origin story of young sleuth Nancy Drew (Sophia Lillis) investigating her first true mystery – the haunting of the home of her friend’s Aunt Flora (Linda Lavin).
Lillis, the breakout star of the blockbuster film It, admirably fills the role of the iconic Nancy Drew, a centerpiece of Americana in literature, film, television and videogames for nearly 90 years. Filming Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase between working noteworthy roles in HBO’s Sharp Objects and the It sequel, Lillis embodies the 16-year-old sleuth in this all-new action-adventure that captures the intrigue and entertainment that have made Nancy Drew an inspiration to readers & viewers since her first appearance in 1930.
Lavin’s illustrious career includes two Golden Globe Awards and a pair of Emmy nominations as the star of the beloved, classic television series Alice. A true treasure of Broadway, Lavin’s mantle boasts a Tony Award (Broadway Bound, 1987), multiple Drama Desk Awards and six Tony Award nominations. Her on-screen career spans nearly 60 years, most recently as a series regular on the CBS sitcom 9JKL and a guest appearance on the hit series Madam Secretary. Lavin exudes a radiant love-of-life and nurturing sensibility – while guiding her young partners-in-mystery-solving – as the eccentric Aunt Flora.
Lillis & Lavin work side-by-side in the film as the Nancy tries to solve the mystery of the haunting of the Aunt Flora’s home, and each praises the other’s work as both inspiring and influential in their performances.
“One of my favorite relationships in the film is between Nancy Drew and Aunt Flora,” Lillis says. “They both love adventure and mystery, they’re both independent, and they both know how to deal with obstacles and work through them. I think they see a lot of themselves in each other, and it’s a very endearing relationship.”
“Linda is very funny in her own way, too – she’s kind of like her character in the way she helps the girls grow and learn and really understand how special life is,” adds Lillis. “She’s very giving as an actress. Having these dialogues, working off each other, was one of the greatest experiences I’ve had as an actress. I’ve learned a lot from her, and I hope I can work with her again.”
“The relationship between Flora and Nancy develops quickly because it’s so honest and connective – they see so much of each other in one another – and that’s how it‘s been working with Sophia,” Lavin says. “Sophia couldn’t be more perfect as Nancy. She has such spunk and savvy. That presence, that smile, the realness of her. She’s present and alive in the moment. She‘s bright and comfortable, and full of promise. It’s been wonderful working with Sophia.”
Moviegoers can see this inspiring relationship blossom when Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase arrives in theaters on March 15, 2019.
ASIANCRUSH & MIDNIGHT PULP March Streaming
FILM MOVEMENT PLUS March Highlights
- 1 M. Night Shyamalan’s “Glass,” Available on Digital 4/2 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand 4/16
- 2 THIRD EYE SPIES | Now Available to Own and On Demand
- 3 CAPTIVE STATE | New Motion Poster
- 4 The Scariest Movie Ever Made Celebrates 40 Years as ALIEN Arrives on 4K Ultra HD April 23
- 5 HBO and Ommegang Announce New Game of Thrones Beer, “For The Throne”
- 6 Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase – Sophia Lillis & Linda Lavin Quotes
- 7 ASIANCRUSH & MIDNIGHT PULP March Streaming
- 8 FILM MOVEMENT PLUS March Highlights