The Shady Rest retirement home is about to get all shook up with a new resident: a broken-down and eccentric old geezer claiming to be the King of Rock’N’Roll himself! Loyal fans of horror master Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, The Beastmaster, John Dies At The End!) know well the uproarious horror comedy from his 2002 cult classic BUBBA HO-TEP. Written and directed by Don Coscarelli and based on the Bram Stoker Award-nominated short story by cult author Joe R. Lansdale, BUBBA HO-TEP stars cult icon Bruce Campbell (Army of Darkness, Ash vs. Evil Dead) as Elvis Presley, the late, great Ossie Davis (Grumpy Old Men, Do The Right Thing) as John “Jack” Kennedy, Ella Joyce (Set It Off, Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot), Heidi Marnhout (Phantasm IV: Oblivion) and Bob Ivy (John Dies At the End, Near Dark). On November 8, 2016, SCREAM FACTORY™ Home Entertainment is proud to present BUBBA HO-TEP Collector’s Edition. Available for the first time on Blu-ray™, this definitive collector’s edition release is packed with over 5 hours of extras including all new interviews Don Coscarelli, Bruce Campbell, special effects artist Robert Kurtzman, new audio commentary with Joe R. Landsdale and more! A must-have for movie collectors, horror enthusiasts and loyal fans, BUBBA HO-TEP Collector’s Edition also includes a collectible slipcover featuring newly rendered artwork and a reversible cover wrap featuring original theatrical key art.
Avid fans and collectors please take not: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get a FREE 18″ X 24″ poster featuring our brand new artwork, available while supplies last! Also get it shipped Two Weeks early!
Pre-order now at:
BUBBA HO-TEP Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™ Special Features:
- NEW Audio Commentary with author Joe R. Lansdale
- NEW All is Well – an interview with writer/director Don Coscarelli
- NEW The King Lives! – an interview with star Bruce Campbell
- NEW – Mummies and Make-up – an interview with special effects artist Robert Kurtzman
- Audio Commentary by Don Coscarelli and Bruce Campbell
- Audio Commentary by “The King”
- Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Don Coscarelli and Bruce Campbell
- The Making of Bubba Ho-Tep
- To Make A Mummy – Makeup and Effects
- Fit for A King – Elvis costuming
- Rock Like an Egyptian – Featurette about the Music of Bubba Ho-Tep
- Joe R. Lansdale Reads from Bubba Ho-Tep
- Archival Bruce Campbell interviews
- Music Video
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Still Gallery
1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/2003/Approximate Feature Running Time: +/- 93 Minutes/English Subtitles/Special Features Are Not Rated.
“A fiendishly funny comedy horror.” – BBC.com
Bruce Campbell “gives his greatest and most entertaining performance to date” (Premiere) as an aging and cantankerous “Elvis” in this “zinger-filled crowd-pleaser” (The Hollywood Reporter) from writer-director Don Coscarelli! When mysterious deaths plague a Texas retirement home, it’s up to its most sequined senior citizen to take on a 3,000-year-old Egyptian mummy with a penchant for cowboy boots, bathroom graffiti and sucking the souls from the barely living!