BRUCE’S DEADLY FINGERS REVIEWED
“Bruce’s Deadly Fingers” sure had a lot more rape than I remembered. I get that the Bruce Lee lookalike craze cannibalized itself and often had to find gimmicks to stand out. However, I don’t know if doubling down on rape scenes was the way to go. The film centers around the hunt for Bruce Lee’s finger technique. Hold your jokes, as the film treats what Lee meant to martial arts with sincere feeling. But, it manages to do something that’s rather interesting in Brucesploitation.
The film goes out of its way to make sure you know that Bruce Le isn’t Bruce Lee. Most Brucesploitation movies made their money on people being confused by the lookalike leads. Whether that was a symbol of Western racism or the inability for Hong Kong to find a star for the 15 years following Lee’s death remains to be seen. If you want to see a forgotten exploitation movie with stunning choreography, you’ll dig this. Hell, pick it up just to see how much you can clean up a movie that thrived on the bootleg market.
Great stuff all around.
- Commentary track by Michael Worth – author, director, actor, and expert on Bruce Lee, and ‘Bruceploitation films’ !
- Video interviews with some of the players.
- High-def transfers of several other ‘Bruceploitation films’ Theatrical Trailers
- Original Theatrical Trailer in HD!
- Photo and poster gallery of Bruce’s Deadly Fingers, and other ‘Bruceploitation films’.
- 2.35:1 1080p transfer
- LPCM 2.0 MONO