The Wizard of Oz Arrives on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital 10/29
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced today that 1939’s acclaimed and beloved classic The Wizard of Oz will be released on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital on October 29th. Directed by Victor Fleming (Gone With the Wind) and starring Judy Garland as Dorothy Gayle, The Wizard of Oz is widely considered to be one of the most influential films in cinematic history.
Adapted from L. Frank Baum’s timeless children’s tale about a Kansas girl’s journey over the rainbow, The Wizard of Oz officially premiered at Grauman’s Chinese Theater on August 15, 1939. The film was directed by Victor Fleming (who that same year directed Gone With the Wind), produced by Mervyn LeRoy, and scored by Herbert Stothart, with music and lyrics by Harold Arlen and E.Y. Harburg. Ray Bolger appeared as the Scarecrow; Bert Lahr as the Cowardly Lion, Jack Haley as the Tin Woodman. Frank Morgan was seen in six different roles, including that of the “wonderful Wizard” himself. Dorothy was portrayed by a 4’11” sixteen year old girl who quickly earned her reputation as “the world’s greatest entertainer”– the incomparable Judy Garland.
The Wizard of Oz received five Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture, and captured two Oscars® — Best Song (“Over the Rainbow”) and Best Original Score — plus a special award for Outstanding Juvenile Performance by Judy Garland. The film was an overwhelmingly popular and critical success upon its initial release and repeated its ability to captivate audiences when MGM reissued the film in 1949 and 1955.
Released to wide acclaim and recognition, and with a long-lasting legacy in the film world, The Wizard of Oz owns a place in multiple AFI lists, including: 100 Years… 100 Movies (#6); 100 Years… 100 Thrills (#43); 100 Years… 100 Heroes and Villains (#4); 100 Years… 100 Songs (#1); 100 Years… 100 Movie Quotes (#4); and Greatest Movie Musicals (#3).
In 1989 The Wizard of Oz was part of the inaugural group of films selected for preservation in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress for being culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant.
Using state of the art technology, a new 8K 16bit scan of the original Technicolor camera negative became the basis for the 4K UHD scan. The process was overseen by MPI colorist Janet Wilson, who has overseen every remaster of The Wizard of Oz for the past 20 years.
Ultra HD** showcases 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and a wider color spectrum, offering consumers brighter, deeper, more lifelike colors for a home entertainment viewing experience like never before.
The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of The Wizard of Oz will feature Dolby VisionTM HDR that dramatically expands the color palette and contrast range and uses dynamic metadata to automatically optimize the picture for every screen — frame by frame.
The Wizard of Oz will be available on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack for $41.99 SRP and features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the feature film in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc of The Wizard of Oz. Fans can also own The Wizard of Oz in 4K Ultra HD via purchase from select digital retailers beginning on October 29th.
Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Elements
The Wizard of Oz Ultra HD Blu-ray contains the following previously released special features:
- Commentary by John Fricke with Barbara Freed-Saltzman, Margaret Hamilton, Ray Bolger, Jack Haley, John Lahr, Jane Lahr, Hamilton Meserve, Dona Massin, William Tuttle, Buddy Ebsen, Mervyn LeRoy and Jerry Maren.
- 1990 CBS Special “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: The Making of a Movie Classic.”
The Wizard of Oz Blu-ray contains the following previously released special features:
- Commentary- Commentary by John Fricke with Barbara Freed-Saltzman, Margaret Hamilton, Ray Bolger, Jack Haley, John Lahr, Jane Lahr, Hamilton Meserve, Dona Massin, William Tuttle, Buddy Ebsen, Mervyn LeRoy and Jerry Maren
- The Making of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Storybook (narrated by Angela Lansbury)
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly…
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly: “Frank Morgan”
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly: “Ray Bolger”
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly: “Bert Lahr”
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly: “Jack Haley”
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly: “Billie Burke”
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly: “Margaret Hamilton”
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly: “Charley Grapewin”
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly: “Clara Blandick”
- We Haven’t Really Met Properly: “Terry”
- Music & Effects Track
- Original Mono Track
- Sing Along Tracks
- Audio Jukebox
- Leo is on the Air Radio Promo
- Good News of 1939 Radio Show
- 12/25/1950 Lux Radio Broadcast
- Stills Galleries
- Oz on Broadway
- Sketches and Storyboards
- Richard Thorpe’s Oz
- Buddy Ebsen
- Oz Comes to Life
- Behind the Scenes
- Special Effects
- Post Production
- Deleted Scenes
- Original Publicity
- 8/15/1939 Hollywood Premiere
- 8/17/1939 New York Premiere
- 2/29/1940 Academy Awards® Ceremony
- Oz Abroad
- Oz Revivals
Toy Story 4 Coming to Homes Digitally Oct. 1st and on Blu-ray™ and 4K UHD™ on Oct. 8th
Fans who bring home “Toy Story 4” will be treated to over an hour of bonus features celebrating the film’s iconic characters, Pixar’s filmmaking team and the legacy of “Toy Story,” which began as the world’s first fully computer-animated feature film released nearly 25 years ago.
In “Toy Story 4,” Woody (voice of Tom Hanks) has always been confident about his place in the world, and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. So, when Bonnie’s beloved new craft-project-turned-toy Forky (voice of Tony Hale) calls himself “trash,” Woody decides to teach Forky how to embrace being a toy. But a road-trip adventure, including an unexpected reunion with his long-lost friend Bo Peep (voice of Annie Potts), shows Woody how big the world can be for a toy. In addition, carnival prizes Ducky (voice of Keegan-Michael Key) and Bunny (voice of Jordan Peele) bring a new level of fun to the film.
The must-own, fourth installment in the Toy Story series will be packaged several ways to ensure families get the most out of their in-home entertainment experience. “Toy Story 4” arrives home a week early on Digital 4K Ultra HD™, HD and SD with two exclusive extras including a deleted scene, “Bonnie’s Playtime”. A physical copy of the film is available as a 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and Digital Code), a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Code) and a single DVD. Fans who wish to relive all four Toy Story adventures may opt for a Digital bundle, which is available for pre-order.
BONUS FEATURES (may vary by retailer)
Blu-ray & Digital:
- ‘Toy Stories – The Toy Story 4 cast and crew share their love of toys!
- Woody & Buzz – Take a look at the relationship between these two legendary characters.
- Bo Rebooted – Discover how Team Bo reimagined all aspects of Bo Peep’s identity to arrive at the fully realized character seen in the film.
- Toy Box – Enjoy a collection of mini-docs on the film’s memorable new characters, featuring the voice actors, director Josh Cooley and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters fun and lovable
- Let’s Ride With Ally Maki – Ally Maki, voice of Giggle McDimples, learns all about Pixar’s dialogue recording process from director Josh Cooley and his team.
- Deleted Scenes introduced by director Josh Cooley including:
- Scamming Playtime
- Bo Knows Hippos
- Desperate Toys
- Recruit Duke
- She’s The One
- Audio Commentary, Trailers and more!
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue – Filmmakers and crew review key scenes of the movie and dissect the practical and technological methods used to bring them to life.
- Additional Deleted scene – Bonnie’s Playtime
“Toy Story 4” welcomes both veteran and new voices, including Tom Hanks as Woody, Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear, Annie Potts as Bo Peep, Tony Hale as Forky, Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele as Ducky and Bunny, Madeleine McGraw as Bonnie, Christina Hendricks as Gabby Gabby, Keanu Reeves as Duke Caboom, Ally Maki as Giggle McDimples and Joan Cusack as Jessie. The voice cast also includes Jay Hernandez, Lori Alan, Bonnie Hunt, Kristen Schaal, Emily Davis, Wallace Shawn, John Ratzenberger, Blake Clark, the late Don Rickles and Estelle Harris.
“Toy Story 4” is directed by Josh Cooley, and produced by Mark Nielsen and Jonas Rivera. Andrew Stanton, Lee Unkrich and Pete Docter are executive producers, and Stanton and Stephany Folsom wrote the screenplay. Longtime “Toy Story” collaborator Randy Newman composed the score and wrote two new original songs, “I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away,” performed by Newman, and “The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy,” which is performed by Chris Stapleton for the end credits.
Midsommar Arrives on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD October 8
Horror auteur Ari Aster, the filmmaker behind last year’s breakout horror film Hereditary, is back with the unnerving and viscerally disturbing sun-soaked horror film Midsommar, arriving on Digital and On Demand September 24 from A24, and on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital), and DVD October 8 from Lionsgate. The film stars Florence Pugh (upcoming Black Widow and Little Women) as a young woman who reluctantly joins her boyfriend on a summer trip to a remote Swedish village for a midsummer festival, which becomes more and more sinister as the days pass.
The Rotten Tomato Certified Fresh™ film also stars Jack Reynor (Kin, Free Fire, TV’s “Strange Angel”), William Jackson Harper (TV’s “The Good Place,” They Remain, TV’s “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan”), and Will Poulter (The Maze Runner, Detroit, The Revenant). Executive produced by Philip Westgren (Hellboy), Fredrik Heinig (Thelma), and Ben Rimmer (Ibiza, TV’s “Mr Selfridge”), Midsommar is “an expert piece of daylit terror” (Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York).
After a family tragedy, a young American couple joins some friends at a midsummer festival in a remote Swedish village. What begins as a carefree summer holiday takes a sinister turn when the insular villagers invite their guests to partake in festivities that grow increasingly unnerving and viscerally disturbing. From the visionary mind of Ari Aster (Hereditary), comes this dread-soaked cinematic fairy tale where a world of darkness unfolds in broad daylight.
Bring home Midsommar and unravel the mystery behind the making of this harrowing tale with a never-before-seen making-of featurette, offering insight into Aster’s vision. The Midsommar Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.
BLU-RAY / DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
• “Let the Festivities Begin: Manifesting Midsommar” Featurette
• “Bear in a Cage™” Promo
YELLOWSTONE SEASON 2 arrives on Blu-ray & DVD November 5
Kevin Costner returns to the ranch as the Dutton family fights for its survival in “YELLOWSTONE” Season 2, arriving on Blu-ray and DVD November 5, 2019 from Paramount Home Entertainment.
From writer/director Taylor Sheridan, ”YELLOWSTONE” is an engrossing family drama that follows the epic story of a multi-generational family that controls the largest contiguous ranch in the U.S. In Season 2, John (Kevin Costner), Kayce (Luke Grimes) and the rest of the clan battle constant encroachment from ruthless enemies on all sides.
A huge hit with viewers, “YELLOWSTONE” is the most-watched original cable entertainment telecast this summer. The second season debut episode drew 5M+ viewers in Live+3, surpassing the series premiere by 6%. The show has already been renewed for a third season on Paramount Network.
The “YELLOWSTONE” Season 2 three-disc Blu-ray and four-disc DVD sets include all 10 hour-long episodes from the second season, plus over three hours of additional content, including over 45 minutes of exclusive, never-before-seen footage.
Among the exclusive content is an in-depth, 30-minute exploration of the second season, detailing the show’s heightened drama and rising stakes through interviews with Kevin Costner and other cast members. The disc collections also include exclusive deleted scenes and a look at the show’s stunts, along with “Behind the Story” and “Stories from the Bunkhouse” segments for each episode, and more.
“YELLOWSTONE” Season 2 Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features:
- Behind the Story for each episode
- Inside Yellowstone: Season 2
- Costner on Yellowstone: Season 2
- Working the Yellowstone: Fight Choreography – Exclusive!
- Only Devils Left – Making Yellowstone: Season 2 – Exclusive!
- Yellowstone Tintype Photography Behind the Scenes
- Stories from the Bunkhouse for each episode
- Deleted Scenes – Exclusive!
“YELLOWSTONE” stars world-renowned actor and Oscar®-winner Kevin Costner as John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States. “YELLOWSTONE” is co-created by critically acclaimed, Oscar®-nominated screenwriter Taylor Sheridan (Wind River, Hell or High Water and Sicario), and John Linson. The impressive cast list for “YELLOWSTONE” also includes Luke Grimes, Kelly Reilly, Wes Bentley, Cole Hauser, Kelsey Asbille, Brecken Merrill, Jefferson White, Danny Huston and Gil Birmingham. Neal McDonough joined the cast for Season 2.
The Season 2 finale of “YELLOWSTONE” airs on Paramount Network Wednesday, August 28 at 10:00 p.m., ET/PT.
The Paramount Network original drama is co-produced by 101 Studios. Executive producers for “YELLOWSTONE” are John Linson, Art Linson, Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner, David C. Glasser and Bob Yari.
THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE arrives on Blu-ray & DVD October 15
Hailed as “one of the best TV shows of 2018” (RogerEbert.com) and “absolutely terrifying” (Rolling Stone), “THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE” arrives on
Blu-ray and DVD October 15, 2019 from Paramount Home Entertainment.
Certified Fresh with a 92% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and nominated for six Saturn Awards, including Best Streaming Horror & Thriller Series, “THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE” has been renewed by Netflix as an anthology series, telling a new story each season.
“THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE” 3-Disc Blu-ray and 4-Disc DVD sets feature all 10 episodes from the acclaimed first season, including, for the first time, three Extended Director’s Cut episodes with never-before-seen content. The Blu-ray and DVD also include exclusive commentary by creator and director Mike Flanagan on four episodes.
“THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE” is the critically acclaimed, modern reimagining of Shirley Jackson’s legendary novel about five siblings who grew up in the most famous haunted house in America. Now adults, they’re reunited by the suicide of their youngest sister, which forces them to finally confront the ghosts of their pasts… some of which lurk in their minds… and some of which may really be lurking in the shadows of the iconic Hill House.
“THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE” Blu-ray & DVD sets include the following:
- EP 101: Steven Sees a Ghost
- Steven Sees a Ghost Extended Director’s Cut
- Steven Sees a Ghost Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
- EP 102: Open Casket
- EP 103: Touch
- EP 104: The Twin Thing
- EP 105: The Bent-Neck Lady
- The Bent-Neck Lady Extended Director’s Cut
- The Bent-Neck Lady Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
- EP 106: Two Storms
- Two Storms Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
- EP 107: Eulogy
- EP 108: Witness Marks
- EP 109: Screaming Meemies
- EP 110: Silence Lay Steadily
- Silence Lay Steadily Extended Director’s Cut
- Silence Lay Steadily Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
“THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE” is an Amblin Television, FlanaganFilm and Paramount Television production.
SCORPIO FILMS: THE DUTCH SEX WAVE COLLECTION from CULT EPICS on October 8th
Anna arrives on Digital September 10 and on 4K, Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand September 24
An all-star cast leads the electrifying action film, Anna, arriving on Digital September 10 and on 4K Ultra HD™ (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital), Blu-ray™ Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital), DVD, and On Demand September 24 from Summit. Introducing Sasha Luss in the title role, Luke Evans, Cillian Murphy, and Oscar® winner Helen Mirren (2006, Best Actress, The Queen) kick ass in this stylized action-thriller about one of the world’s most feared government assassins, Anna Poliatova. Written and directed by Luc Besson (La Femme Nikita, Lucy, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets), the film is an action-packed thrill ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
Experience sensational fight sequences in four times the resolution of full HD with the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, which includes Dolby Vision, bringing the action to life through ultra-vivid picture quality. When compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver spectacular colors never before seen on a screen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker. Additionally, the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack features Dolby Atmos, which will transport viewers from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience with moving audio that flows all around them. Incuding never-before-seen featurettes, the Anna 4K, Blu-ray, and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $29.99, $24.99, and $19.98, respectively.
Beneath Anna Poliatova’s striking beauty lies a secret that will unleash her indelible strength and skill to become one of the world’s most feared government assassins. An electrifying thrill ride unfolding with propulsive energy, startling twists and breathtaking action, Anna introduces Sasha Luss in the title role with a star-studded cast including Luke Evans, Cillian Murphy, and Academy Award® winner Helen Mirren.
4K ULTRA HD / BLU-RAY / DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
- “Dressing a Doll: Costumes of Anna” Featurette
- “Anatomy of a Scene: Restaurant Fight” Featurette
- “Unnesting a Russian Doll: Making Anna” Featurette
- “Constructing the Car Chase” Featurette
Sasha Luss Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Kanye West: Wolves
Luke Evans Dracula Untold, Beauty and the Beast, Fast & Furious 6
Cillian Murphy Inception, Red Eye, Sunshine
Helen Mirren The Queen, Hitchcock, Gosford Park
Blu/4K/Digital News: Wizard of Oz, Toy Story 4, Yellowstone, more!
The Wizard of Oz Arrives on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital 10/29 Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced today that 1939’s acclaimed and beloved
- 1 The Wizard of Oz Arrives on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital 10/29
- 2 Toy Story 4 Coming to Homes Digitally Oct. 1st and on Blu-ray™ and 4K UHD™ on Oct. 8th
- 3 Midsommar Arrives on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD October 8
- 4 YELLOWSTONE SEASON 2 arrives on Blu-ray & DVD November 5
- 5 THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE arrives on Blu-ray & DVD October 15
- 6 SCORPIO FILMS: THE DUTCH SEX WAVE COLLECTION from CULT EPICS on October 8th
- 7 Anna arrives on Digital September 10 and on 4K, Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand September 24