- 1 CARS 3 Cruises Home Digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ on Oct. 24 and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™ & Blu-ray™ on Nov. 7
- 2 Stoopid Buddy Stoodios to Host panels at New York Comic-Con 2017
- 3 HAMILTON: BUILDING AMERICA Arrives on DVD November 14
- 4 ALL SAINTS IS IN THEATERS NOW! CHECK OUT THE CLIP!
- 5 Baltasar Kormakur’s Icelandic Hit ‘The Oath’ – In Theaters This Week/TVOD on 9/15
- 6 BAD GRANDMAS gets a release date!
- 7 Mudbound – Witness the Powerful First Look
- 8 See the Electrifying First Trailer for THE CURRENT WAR Starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon
CARS 3 Cruises Home Digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ on Oct. 24 and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™ & Blu-ray™ on Nov. 7
In honor of world-champion racer #95 on his date-sake 9/5, Disney•Pixar is proud to announce the in-home arrival of Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 3”! “Cars 3” surged to the front of the pack opening weekend with audiences racing to see the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) and spirited trainer Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo) team up to beat the new generation of blazing-fast racers. Now, this summer’s high-octane hit cruises home—loaded with bonus features like the all new mini-movie starring the demolition derby legend Miss Fritter— Digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ on Oct. 24, and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ on Nov. 7.
Race fans of all ages are invited to ride along with the “Cars 3” crew for hilarious and heartfelt extras, including an exclusive new mini-movie, “Miss Fritter’s Racing Skoool,” taught by the queen of the Crazy 8; a feature detailing how real-world race training influenced filmmakers; the journey taken by voice actor Cristela Alonzo and team while shaping tech-savvy trainer Cruz Ramirez; behind-the-scenes access to the story team who crafted Lightning McQueen’s third chapter; deleted scenes; and much more.
“Cars 3” is Disney•Pixar’s first in-home title released in stunning 4K Ultra HD format, the next-generation viewing format with four times the resolution of HD and exceptional high dynamic range (HDR), resulting in brilliant highlights, vibrant colors and greater contrast on compatible displays than ever before. With 4K Ultra HD, viewers will feel like they’re at the center of the action—holding their breath during the dramatic crash that launches Lightning’s journey, feeling the pulse-pounding action at the Florida International Super Speedway, and getting down and dirty at the Crazy 8 demolition derby.
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Miss Fritter’s Racing Skoool (Exclusive new mini-movie) – Enjoy blindsided testimonials from the Crazy 8’s, touting the transformative impact Miss Fritter’s Racing School has had in reshaping the direction of their lives
- Theatrical Short: “Lou” – When a toy-stealing bully ruins recess for a playground full of kids, only one thing stands in his way: the “Lost and Found” box.
- Let’s. Get. Crazy. – Get schooled in the world of demolition derby, the “rules” of figure 8 racing, and how Pixar puts the crazy in the Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 race. This piece is hosted by Lea DeLaria.
- Legendary – a close, historical look at the racing legends Wendell Scott and Louise Smith, whose tenacity and perseverance got them into the race even when they weren’t invited.
- Ready for the Race – Disney Channel’s Olivia Rodrigo and NASCAR Racer William Byron check out the Hendrick Motorsports campus to showcase how real-world race training influenced the filmmakers.
- World’s Fastest Billboard – Blink and you will miss all of the graphics and “car-ified” advertisements created by Pixar’s Art team to make the ”Cars 3” world as believable as possible.
- Cruz Ramirez: The Yellow Car That Could – Join Cristela Alonzo and the filmmakers on their journey to create a race-car trainer turned champion racer.
- Generations: The Story of “Cars 3” – For the story team, creating Lightning McQueen’s next chapter didn’t involve just a tune-up, but a complete overhaul.
- My First Car – A collection of illustrated first-car stories as narrated by members of the “Cars 3” cast and crew. “A Green Car on the Red Carpet with Kerry Washington,” “Old Blue,” and “Still in the Family.”
- 5 Deleted Scenes – Each deleted scene is set up with an introduction as to why it was removed from the film. Deleted scenes include “The Boogie Woogie,” “The Jars of Dirt,” “Lugnut,” “The Bolt,” and “More Than New Paint.”
- Cars To Die(cast) For – Take a look at the phenomenon of die-cast toy collecting and the more than 1,000 unique designs that exist in the Cars universe.
- Commentary – Brian Fee (Director), Kevin Reher (Producer), Andrea Warren (Co-Producer) and Jay Ward (Creative Director)
- And more…
- Theatrical Short: “Lou” & “Commentary”
#95 by the #s in “Cars 3”
- 5 – As “Cars 3” gets underway, world-champion racer Lightning McQueen is riding high with five Piston-Cup wins under his hood.
- 11 – Lightning McQueen raced into moviegoers’ hearts 11 years ago—making his rookie debut in “Cars” in March 2006—and remains an iconic character today.
- 24 – The dramatic, slow-motion crash scene in which Lightning McQueen hits a wall and rolls several times takes 24 seconds.
- 95 – Lightning McQueen still sports the dynamic #95 with his signature lightning-bolt graphics. He displays five distinct looks in “Cars 3,” including one that pays homage to his original paint, a primer look he gets following the devastating crash, a custom wrap ordered by Sterling, and more.
- 198 – Lightning McQueen tops out at a speed of 198 miles per hour on his last lap with Cruz Ramirez on Fireball Beach. But Lightning’s nemesis—next-gen racer Jackson Storm—races at speeds pushing 207 mph.
“Cars 3” Pit Cast and Crew
“Cars 3” features Owen Wilson (“The Royal Tenenbaums,” upcoming “Wonder”) as the voice of Lightning McQueen. Cristela Alonzo (“The Angry Birds Movie”) voices tech-savvy trainer Cruz Ramirez, who tries to help #95 return to greatness, and Armie Hammer (“The Birth of a Nation”) lends his voice to next-gen racer Jackson Storm, whose high-tech speed leaves Lightning McQueen behind. Kerry Washington (ABC’s “Scandal,” HBO’s “Confirmation”) was called on to voice statistical analyst Natalie Certain, Nathan Fillion (ABC’s “Castle,” ABC’s “Modern Family”) provides the voice of brilliant businesscar Sterling, Lea DeLaria (Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black”) lends her voice to formidable school bus Miss Fritter, and Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton helps bring voice command assistant Hamilton to life.
The third chapter of Lightning’s story pays homage to NASCAR with four characters based on real-life stock car racing legends. Chris Cooper (“Adaptation,” “American Beauty”) voices Doc Hudson’s crew chief Smokey; team owner and NASCAR racing legend Junior Johnson lends his voice to Junior “Midnight” Moon; three-time Emmy® winner Margo Martindale (FX’s “The Americans,” FX’s “Justified,” Amazon’s “Sneaky Pete”) provides the voice of Louise “Barnstormer” Nash; and Isiah Whitlock Jr. (HBO’s “The Wire,” “Cedar Rapids,” HBO’s “Veep”) is the voice of River Scott. The film also features NASCAR drivers and the voices behind the sport, as well as a host of returning characters from Radiator Springs and the “Cars” racing world.
Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“), produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short) and co-produced by Andrea Warren (“LAVA” short), “Cars 3” is executive produced by John Lasseter, who directed the first two films in the franchise. With a story by Fee, Ben Queen (TV’s “Powerless”), Eyal Podell (actor “Code Black”) & Jonathon E. Stewart (“Doing Time” short), the screenplay was penned by Kiel Murray (“Cars”), Bob Peterson (“Up,” “Finding Nemo”) and Mike Rich (“Secretariat,” “The Rookie”). The film features a score by Oscar®-winning composer Randy Newman (“Toy Story 3,” “Cars”), instrumental cues composed by Brad Paisley, and original songs by ZZ Ward and Grammy® winner Dan Auerbach.
Stoopid Buddy Stoodios to Host panels at New York Comic-Con 2017
Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, the award winning animation studio behind “Robot Chicken,” “SuperMansion” starring Bryan Cranston, and the Netflix series “Buddy Thunderstruck” announced today that they will be hosting two panels at this year’s New York Comic-Con. The first panel will be on October 5th for the Crackle original special “SuperMansion: Drag Me to Halloween” and the second on October 6th for the Adult Swim original special “Robot Chicken Walking Dead Special: Look Who’s Walking.”
Crackle’s “SuperMansion: Drag Me to Halloween” panel will take place on Thursday, October 5th from 6:45-7:45PM in Room 1A10. Fans at New York Comic-Con will get an early peek of the show before it premieres later that evening, and get the scoop on what goes down in the making of the hit Emmy-nominated series’ Halloween special directly from the Stoopid Buddy Stoodios creators and the shows award-winning talent during the panel. In this special the League of Freedom experiences all the fun and adventures of Halloween. It’s Titanium Rex’s (voice of Bryan Cranston) least favorite night of the year, fraught with beautiful ghosts, demonic spirits, evil dentists, and even some unforeseen attractions mixed in. Special guests include comedians Lake Bell (“Childrens Hospital”) as Millicent and Phil LaMarr (“Futurama”). In addition to Cranston, the special guests join “SuperMansion” stars Keegan-Michael Key (voice of American Ranger), Jillian Bell (voice of Viking Woman, Clown Girl), Tucker Gilmore (voice of Black Saturn), Zeb Wells (voice of Robobot) and Heidi Gardner (voice of Cooch).
Be prepared for ghost stories, surprises, and more. Don’t be afraid. “SuperMansion: Drag Me to Halloween,” will be premiering Thursday, October 5th on the free streaming network Crackle.
Adult Swim’s “Robot Chicken Walking Dead Special: Look Who’s Walking” panel will take place on Friday, October 6th from 1:45-2:30PM in the Hammerstein Ballroom. All of the New York Comic-Con fans and Walkers in attendance at this year’s panel will get a sneak peek at Season 9 of the Emmy-winning Robot Chicken series plus their creepy crawly crossover. Co-creators/executive producers Seth Green and Matthew Senreich will be there and will be joined by executive producer/co-head writer Tom Root, writer/director Tom Sheppard, actor/writer Breckin Meyer, plus a secret surprise guest or two for the Semiannual Gathering of the Silly Hats Club. The panel will be moderated by Keith Crofford, senior vice president of production for Adult Swim. Also, on Saturday, October 7, several Robot Chicken panelists will be signing autographs at the Private Autographing station at the Javits Center. This horrifying special is a love of fandom labor brought to you by Robot Chicken’s Seth Green and Matthew Senreich and their Stoopid Buddy Stoodios partners, John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner, along with The Walking Dead (TWD) creator/executive producer Robert Kirkman and showrunner/executive producer Scott M. Gimple. The half-hour special will feature original talent from TWD lending voices to their characters including Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Danai Gurira, Melissa McBride, Lauren Cohan, Steven Yeun, Sarah Wayne Callies, and more. Chris Hardwick and Breckin Meyer will also be among the cast.
It’s sure to be so much fun you may not walk out of the panel alive. “Robot Chicken Walking Dead Special: Look Who’s Walking” will be premiering on Sunday, October 8th on Adult Swim and Robot Chicken Season 9 premieres this Winter on Adult Swim.
HAMILTON: BUILDING AMERICA Arrives on DVD November 14
Explore the incredible achievements of one of our nation’s most accomplished leaders, when HISTORY®’s fascinating special, Hamilton: Building America, arrives on DVD November 14 from Lionsgate. Currently available on Digital HD, the documentary examines the iconic American political and financial institutions Alexander Hamilton helped to create. With some key reenactment scenes shot at the former home of fellow New Yorker and founding father John Jay, as well as at Hamilton’s relocated home, Hamilton’s Grange, the film features interviews with TV journalists Tom Brokaw and Maria Bartiromo, as well as historian Ron Chernow, whose Hamilton biography served as the basis for the hit Broadway play. The Hamilton: Building America DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $14.98.
This documentary captures the amazing life and times of our nation’s forgotten founding father: Alexander Hamilton. Exploring the iconic American political and financial institutions he helped to create — from the U.S. Mint and Wall Street to the two-party political system — we’ll examine Hamilton’s enormous influence that still resonates today. Ron Chernow, whose biography of Alexander Hamilton served as the basis for the hit Broadway play, along with other notable names including Tom Brokaw and Maria Bartiromo, contribute to an all-encompassing look at one of our nation’s most accomplished leaders.
ALL SAINTS IS IN THEATERS NOW! CHECK OUT THE CLIP!
ALL SAINTS is the inspiring true story of salesman-turned-pastor Michael Spurlock (John Corbett) and a group of refugees from Southeast Asia who risk everything to plant seeds of hope for the future. From Sony and Affirm Films, ALL SAINTS is in theaters NOW!
Baltasar Kormakur’s Icelandic Hit ‘The Oath’ – In Theaters This Week/TVOD on 9/15
An official selection of The Seattle International Film Festival 2017, directed by and starring Baltasar Kormakur, The Oath tells the harrowing tale of a driven father who sets out to rescue his daughter from a world of petty crime and drug use, only to find that danger isn’t always in plain sight.
To purchase tickets and see the full screening schedule of The Oath, click here.
BAD GRANDMAS gets a release date!
Parade Deck Films and WowNow Entertainment announced today the opening theatrical date for BAD GRANDMAS. Set to open on October 6, 2017, the film stars the late Florence Henderson (“The Brady Bunch”), Pam Grier (Jackie Brown, Mars Attacks!) and Judge Reinhold (Beverly Hills Cop, The Santa Clause). Described as a Fargo-meets-Bad Grandpas comedy, BAD GRANDMAS was written and directed by Srikant Chellappa. The film is slated to open theatrically in over 20 markets and then hit VOD, digital as well as Blu ray™ and DVD just in time for the holidays.
BAD GRANDMAS is a dark comedy about four southern grandmothers who accidentally kill a con man. Things really go off the rails though when his partner shows up wanting to know where he is. The film also stars Randall Batinkoff (Kick-Ass), Miriam Parrish (“Days of Our Lives”, “Roseanne”) and Susie Wall (Sophie). Their golden years are not what they expected, but they are far from boring.
About Parade Deck Films
Parade Deck Films is a veteran-owned and operated film sales and distribution company based out of Portland, Oregon, driven by a passion and love for films. Our focus is to distribute independent films of all genres among all digital platforms and physical formats to new and wide audiences around the world, while giving back to the community and supporters of independent filmmaking. We strive to provide easy access to the best of independent film for fans, a great partnership for artists, and an unparalleled outlet for those most passionate about film as a whole.
Mudbound – Witness the Powerful First Look
See the Electrifying First Trailer for THE CURRENT WAR Starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon
From The Weinstein Company comes THE CURRENT WAR, the epic story of the cutthroat competition between the greatest inventors of the industrial age over whose electricity would power the country and the world. Thomas Edison (Benedict Cumberbatch) and George Westinghouse (Michael Shannon) risk everything on their competing electrical currents in a pitched battle to decide who will light America and usher in the new century. With the brilliant and driven Nikola Tesla (Nicholas Hoult) working for both men, only one will come out on top.