Football fans across the country will be hosting their own Big Game bashes in just a few short weeks. For some these parties are all about watching the on-field action, for others the enjoyment comes from spending time with friends and savoring delicious snacks. To help create game-winning get-togethers, Viva brand paper towels and Food Networks Sunny Anderson, host of Cooking for Real, are offering entertaining tips and a recipe that will score a touchdown with guests.
Hosting a party for the Big Game can be stress free with just a little advance planning and a recipe that will be sure to please, said Food Networks Sunny Anderson.
- Potluck Party Cut down on your kitchen time and bring more variety to the table by asking each guest to contribute a dish.
- Buffet Bonanza Set up a buffet around the dining room table and pull the chairs into the TV room for extra seating.
- Clear the Kitchen From delicious dips to spicy wings, dishes you can prepare in advance are essential for the host. Stock up on paper plates, plastic cups and Viva brand paper towels to avoid a sink full of dirty dishes.
- Dont Dismiss Dessert When asking guests to contribute, remember to ask some to help satisfy the sweet tooth!
- Beyond the Big Game Develop opportunities for your guests to interact with each other such as a vote for the best commercial, board games for those not into football or a prize for the most fanatic fan ensemble.
Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Wings (Courtesy Sunny Anderson)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, wingtips removed and discarded
- 5 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch sticks and chilled in an ice bath
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- your favorite blue cheese dip
Fill a large 5 to 6-quart heavy pot with 2-inches of oil. Heat over medium heat until a deep fry thermometer registers 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Working in batches, pat 5 to 6 wings dry with Viva brand paper towels. Gently drop wings into the hot oil. Move them gently in the oil with a spider or slotted spoon so the wings don’t stick together. Fry until crispy and golden, about 7 minutes. Remove to a Viva towel-lined plate and season with salt immediately. Continue with remaining batches.
Melt butter over medium heat in a small sauce pan with the hot sauce and lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Pour into a large bowl and add wings. Toss to coat well. Remove celery sticks from water and drain on Viva paper towels.
Serve chicken wings on a platter with celery sticks and blue cheese dip.
Create your own hand wipes for guests to clean up after eating messy chicken wings by using Viva Select-A-Size towels. Fold individual Viva brand paper towels in half lengthwise, then, starting at one of the short ends, roll each towel into a tight spiral. Repeat with as many Viva brand paper towels as desired. Prepare lemon water by squeezing fresh lemon juice into clean water in a bowl. Soak prepared Viva paper towels in lemon water and arrange on a small tray. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
For more crowd-pleasing recipes and game night ideas, visit www.getclosertoyourfood.com or www.vivadivacafe.com.
About Viva brand paper towels and Kimberly-Clark
Viva brand towels are soft and strong like cloth, and uniquely different from other paper towels. For more information, visit www.vivatowels.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people nearly a quarter of the worlds population trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No.1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company’s 138-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com.