First Real-Time, Browser-Based 3D Flash Game Now Available for Public Test Drive
Fastest Road to Fun Contest Officially Starts
Vector Entertainment and developer MCS Games today announced the open beta public release of their evolutionary casual multiplayer online game for kids, Vector City Racers. Vector City Racers is the first browser-based massively multiplayer online game (MMO) to offer real-time 3D action using Flash 10 technology. The game can be played for free – with no download required – at www.vectorcityracers.com.
Vector City Racers empowers kids to create their own unique racer vehicles in a world that offers both social activities and achievement-based gaming, said Chris Bergstresser, CEO, Vector Entertainment. Boys crave competition, measurable achievements, kinetic gameplay and action. Vector City Racers meets those demands and also offers instant access to an exciting 3D world right in their browser. The open beta offers more features and more opportunity for massive fun.
Designed with boys age 6-12 in mind, Vector City Racers combines the excitement and fun of circuit track racing gameplay with the community aspects of a virtual world. In Vector City Racers, each childs self-designed, one-of-a-kind racer vehicle is their avatar. The game environment is comprised of shapes and structures, all constructed in real-time 3D by the V3D Flash 10 engine, running directly in ones browser. The open beta invites everyone to come and explore Vector City, where all roads lead to fun.
Vector City Racers features include:
· Ten cities to explore! Ski up and down the arctic slopes of Avalanche City, burn rubber in Racers Rise City, or get some deep tread tires and explore Great Outdoors City!
· The Vector Zone Store where hard-earned points get turned into Revs to spend on cool vehicle upgrades.
· The Garage where users can park and hang out in their own personal spaces.
· The Trophy Wall to show off achievements and trophies.
· The Showroom to manage personal collection of racers and upgrades.
· Brand new ModShop (replaces the CarStructor), for creating and modifying racer vehicles. Move, model, paint and name sweet one-of-a-kind rides.
· Race results post rankings against all other racers.
· Safe moderated chat as well as snap chat (common phrases for quick communication).
· A News blog that lists the latest information on events, updates, game improvements and exciting information from the world of Vector City.
· Tons of new achievements to conquer!
· Both single player and multiplayer activities in every city endless hours of fun for the young and young at heart!
Fastest Road to Fun Contest
Vector Entertainment invites all racing and gaming fans to design and submit a vehicle using the ModShop easy-to-use online design tool. The grand-prize winner will receive tickets and roundtrip air travel to their choice of one of four national racing spectator events. Additionally, the winners submitted vehicle will become one of the official starter vehicles for Vector City Racers. The Fastest Road to Fun Contest begins on May 18, 2009 and ends on July 20, 2009. The winner will be chosen and announced on July 27, 2009. Visit www.vectorcityracers.com during the contest period for more information and rules/regulations.
About MCS Games
MCS Games is an award-winning game development studio well known for their work in online multiplayer games, strategy games, and games for kids. For over a decade MCS Games has developed products and online game technologies for the industry’s leading game publishers. The company was formed in 1994 and is based in San Rafael, CA. To learn more about MCS Games, visit us at http://www.MCSGames.com
About Vector Entertainment
Vector Entertainment is in production of Vector City Racers, the next evolution in casual massively multiplayer online games. Designed with boys age 6-12 in mind, Vector City Racers offers the competition of circuit track racing in a casual environment where all roads lead to fun. Vector City Racers is a COPPA-compliant site (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and offers safe chat services. Vector Entertainment is funded by Meakem Becker Venture Capital (www.mbvc.com). Vector Entertainment was formed in 2007 and is based in San Rafael, CA. To learn more about Vector City Racers, please visit www.vectorcityracers.com.
For more Vector City fun
Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/vectorcityracer