“Vamp” is one of those movies that I was familiar with due to VHS rentals and premium cable. I could never set through the film in one turn, but I was impressed with the makeup effects. It was only when I hit college age that I gave the film my complete attention. The result? I really don’t get the appeal or demand for Grace Jones.
Sure, she was breaking new ground and leading quite the eclectic cast here. I just don’t buy her as this vampire queen attacking these young frat boy wannabes. Robert Rusler and Gedde Watanabe continue to dominate in the 80s bit character roles. It’s just that when you put someone laid back as Chris Makepeace against the oddity that is Grace Jones, not much happens.
- One of those Nights: The Making of Vamp – a brand new documentary featuring interviews with director Richard Wenk, stars Robert Rusler, Dedee Pfeiffer, Gedde Watanabe
- Behind-the-scenes rehearsals
- Blooper Reel
- Image gallery
- Dracula Bites the Big Apple (1979) – Richard Wenk’s celebrated short film
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
- First pressing only: Booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Cullen Gallagher
- 1.85:1 1080p transfer
- LPCM Mono