PROPERTY IS NO LONGER A THEFT REVIEWED
“Property Is No Longer A Theft” is an argument about petty crime attacking the social order. Property is viewed as a means of changing the social structure of a society, but that it’s artificial. So, that’s the platform on which we meet our two leads. Two Italians arguing about how to change their world via crime. This leads into several capers where light theft begins changing their relationship with their town. After all, these guys have become convinced that they are the new police of a modern Capitalist society.
Over the next 2 hours, the film rides that line of disappearing up its own ass. What makes the film succeed is that the inner philosophy starts to make sense. History is written by the victors and victors often liberate the spoils of war from the fallen. Director Petri doesn’t concern him with that line of thought. The act of transgression powers the film to its logical conclusion. Pick it up if you’re interested.
- Brand-new interview with actor Flavio Bucci
- Brand-new interview with producer Claudio Mancini
- Brand-new interview with make-up artist Pierantonio Mecacci
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanael Marsh
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet containing new writing on the film by Camilla Zamboni
- 1.85:1 1080p transfer
- LPCM 1.0 MONO