In a major move that will be cheered by movie lovers, Cohen Media Group is launching a subscription video on demand (SVOD) service on Amazon Channels, it was announced today by CMG Chairman and CEO Charles S. Cohen. The new Cohen Media Channel puts part of the company’s catalog of Award-winning independent, arthouse and foreign films – as well as its vast Cohen Film Collection of classic and landmark titles – at viewers’ fingertips.
The Cohen Media Channel will be a home for the work of such revered and diverse directors as Alfred Hitchcock, Abbas Kiarostami, Costa-Gavras, Ken Loach, Claude Chabrol, Luis Buñuel, the Taviani Brothers, Buster Keaton and Jean-Luc Godard. Recent acclaimed films such as Asghar Farhadi’s Oscar-winning film The Salesman, François Ozon’s The New Girlfriend and Marina Willer’s Red Trees will also fill the channel’s palette of selections.
Among the Cohen Media Channel’s unique viewing features and enhancements will be:
- Curated selections of films Introductions by film experts and historian
- Features and short films
- Classic restorations as well as newer releases
- Exclusive introductions created just for the channel
- Films that can be seen nowhere else
- Extras and bonuses attached to many films
- Director and author Peter Bogdanovich on the “Auteurs and Masters Collection”
- Critic and author Graham Fuller on the “Leading Ladies Collection”
- Film programmer Richard Peña on the “1990s World Cinema Collection”
- Film historian Noah Isenberg on William Dieterle’s jazz romance Syncopation
- Charles S. Cohen on the Cohen Media Channel, Cohen Media Group and Cohen Film Collection
- Critic Amy Taubin on “The Films of Jean-Luc Godard”
- Cinema professor Emily Carman on the Joan Crawford thriller Sudden Fear
- Producer Mark Olsen on Emmanuelle Bercot’s recent On My Way
- “Shipwrecked in a Studio: A Video Essay with Donald Spoto” – with Hitchcock’s Jamaica Inn
- A new video interview with director Benoit Jacquot – with The Disenchanted
- “The Poetry of Cinema: Abbas Kiarostami in Conversation with Richard Peña” – with The Wind Will Carry Us
Cohen is a devoted film fan and champion who has used his resources to improve and expand the moviegoing and movie-watching experience. In the past few years, he has renovated former landmark cinemas, including New York City’s Quad Cinema, as state-of-the-art theaters exhibiting both the latest Hollywood blockbusters and more specialized or challenging fare such as foreign films, documentaries and titles from the repertory canon. Aware of the new ways viewers are watching films via streaming options, he is now leading the way in that exciting direction – and the Cohen Media Channel‘s unparalleled menu of films will become a new standard of quality in the streaming universe.
“While the movie-watching experience is evolving, what doesn’t change is fans’ love for intelligent and compelling films,” Charles S. Cohen said. “We’re excited to make our wonderful array of films more accessible than ever via Amazon Channels.”
To learn more about Cohen Media Channel on Amazon Channels and to sign up visit: COHEN MEDIA CHANNEL here!