- 1 THE BEST FILMS OF 2017 (A LIST IN PROGRESS)
- 2 THE FILMS THAT MISSED THE CUT
- 3 THE BEST TV OF 2017 (A LIST IN PROGRESS)
- 4 THE BEST GAMES OF 2017 (A LIST IN PROGRESS)
- 5 THE BEST COMICS OF 2017 (A LIST IN PROGRESS)
- 6 NOW, WE HAVE CONTESTS!
- 7 HOW TO ENTER
- 8 WHAT’S TO WIN IN THIS FINE CONTEST?
- 9 WHEN DOES IT END?
THE BEST FILMS OF 2017 (A LIST IN PROGRESS)
THE FILMS THAT MISSED THE CUT
26) The Breadwinner
27) Birdboy: The Forgotten Children
29) Victoria & Abdul
31) A Ghost Story
32) Get Out
35) The Square
36) The Work
37) A Quiet Passion
38) Marjorie Prime
39) Molly’s Game
40) Blade Runner 2049
41) Beach Rats
42) Wonder Woman
43) Wind River
44) Battle of the Sexes
45) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
46) I Don’t Feel at Home in This World Anymore
48) The Belko Experiment
49) Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
50) The Little Hours
THE BEST TV OF 2017 (A LIST IN PROGRESS)
THE BEST GAMES OF 2017 (A LIST IN PROGRESS)
1) Cuphead (XBOX 1 / PC)
2) PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (XBOX 1 / PC)
3) Nex Machina (PS4 / PC)
4) What Remains of Edith Finch (PS4 / XBOX 1 / PC /MAC)
5) Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (all platforms)
6) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
7) Injustice 2 (all platforms)
8) Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (all platforms)
9) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
10) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
THE BEST COMICS OF 2017 (A LIST IN PROGRESS)
9) The Flintstones
8) The Wild Storm
7) Shade the Changing Girl
5) Language Barrier
3) Silver Surfer (the only thing worthwhile that Marvel published in 2017)
2) Mister Miracle
NOW, WE HAVE CONTESTS!
After Thanksgiving ended, I was playing catch-up after busting my face open. Now, I’ve got a cool Kylo Ren scar on my nose in time for The Last Jedi. Naturally, some stuff fell through the cracks. As such, I wanted to pair a bunch of remaining 2017 material into one giant chance for readers to win.
This Best of Year article will get updated throughout the month. Some lists are done, some lists will trickle out until the last week of the year. While reading, we want you to scan your eyeballs all the way to the end of the list. As such, we’re offering contests at the bottom of page!
HOW TO ENTER
Answer the following questions/perform the following functions:
1) Which Vice Principals character does the AV crew thinks looks like Rob Hughes (www.braindeadradio.com)?
2) If James Franco really was twins, how many more terrible Faulkner adaptations could he make in a given year?
3) The Deuce is about the sleazy parts of NYC during the peak grime era. While watching the show, I’d read up on the time over at the Rialto Report. Follow The Rialto Report on Twitter. They’re good people.
4) Who was your worst Vice Principal? I want to hear stories.
WHAT’S TO WIN IN THIS FINE CONTEST?
Digital HD codes for “The Deuce” and “Vice Principals”!
WHEN DOES IT END?
Winners will be selected at AV’s discretion or whenever HBO yells at us to turn this off.